Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/8/2006 10:26:10 PM EDT
I've seen copies on ebay but they're copies and most likely not waterproof or anything...

so waht are the odds of me getting a real one wihtout paying a kidney and how would i go about that?

all suggestions welcome
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:40:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw one for sale on the EE last year, $2500 IIRC (OUCH)
That being said I played with a DBAL-A2(A squared) last weekend, it was the heat.
We illuminated "targets" 1100 yards away.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#2]
so what's water resistant as opposed to proof anyways?

Does that mena can't get it wet or can't hold it underwater?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
What exactly is it you speak of? Do you have a picture or a link? Sounds interesting even
not knowing what it is that's interesting!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:50:14 AM EDT
[#5]
We saw the manufaturers display at the International Chiefs of Police Exhibition in Miami Beach. The rep there actually talked us out of buying them. He actually told us the OTAL was better because it was much cheaper and you can add a IR flashlight for cheaper. So the agency bought the OTALS ( IR ) and are very pleased with them. Simply added an IR filter to the existing weaponslight when needed.

Full-Auto
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:56:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Snaps - Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Snaps - Thanks!

your welcome
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We saw the manufaturers display at the International Chiefs of Police Exhibition in Miami Beach. The rep there actually talked us out of buying them. He actually told us the OTAL was better because it was much cheaper and you can add a IR flashlight for cheaper. So the agency bought the OTALS ( IR ) and are very pleased with them. Simply added an IR filter to the existing weaponslight when needed.

Full-Auto

IR filter won't do me any good... I don't want a light I want the infarred laser. The problem being I can't buy it becaue i'm not an elite supercitizen with the breeding and genetic engineering of genes found in every police officer @ 21 yrs old 2 weeks out of the adademy and qualifying 2X a year with his weapon.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:23:07 AM EDT
[#9]
We qual four times a year and scenario shoot at least 3 times or more a year. total (7) but IC your point.    It makes no sense.  But somewhere in the past some knuckle head messed it up for all of us, hince rules, regs, and laws.....  OTALS are nice.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope you have deep pockets.
DBAL for Sale
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:34:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes, and one you can still buy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-LAP-DUAL-AIMING-LASER-VIS-IR-infrared-PAQ-PVS-I-R_W0QQitemZ7218949654QQcategoryZ40970QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top