Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2006 6:06:17 PM EDT
Anyone else use a SurFire 8AX Commander?
Anyone else have a problem with the charge on the batteries lasting about 5 minutes?
Seems like every time I recharge the batteries for my 8AX they don't last long at all.  I am assuming the batteries are weak or worn or whatever batteries do.  I can take the battery out of the charger place it in the light turn on the light and watch the light go out.  I have contacted SureFire about purchasing new batteries.  But before I do, I want to know if anyone else is having this same problem.
Any input will be appreciated,

KW
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#1]
How old are the batteries?  How many cycles do they have on them?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the 8AX Commander for duty and have had no problems with mine. I use both batteries and neither one has given me any problems. How old are your batteries and how much use do they receive per day? It might just be time to replace them if they're pushing a year. I use my batteries close to 6 days per week and I work 2300 - 0700 hrs, so basically my entire shift is in low light conditions. Surefires' customer service is second to none. Shortly after I got my 8AX Commander, about two months, my bulb went out. I contacted customer service at Surefire and they mailed me a new bulb for free (about a $30 savings). I use several other Surefire products for duty such as the X200B, M2 combat light, and M952XM07 on my carbine. I trust my life with these lights and believe that they are the best light made.  Paul
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
My batteries maybe old, 2 or 3 years.  They have not been used much at all.  But their age may be the problem.  I may order a new one and see if it does better.
Thanks for the responses
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Definately call SF customer service.  I had a similar situation w/ ONE of my two 8x batteries.
They were about 5 years old at the time.  I had been careful w/ charging & discharging and told them so.  They sent me TWO batteries in replacement for free.  

Surefire is the only light I'll buy.  I have a few of them.  6z, 8x, D3, 870 fore end, and Nitrolin weapon light for my 1911.

I guess that I'm in need of surefire anonymous.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got some bad batteries for my 9AN, which I'm pretty sure are the same(B90).  Mine have been damaged from being dropped.  The contacts on the positive end have become loose.  They will take a charge, but do not have decent light output.  Just something else to check.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top