Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2006 9:27:29 AM EDT
I checked surefire's site, nothing. Anyone know of a quality alternative?

Mark
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends what Surefire your talking about. TDI makes one for the G2, I have no personal XP with it since I use a VG and thumb activate my G2. www.tdi-arms.com/store.php?pid=233

Nathan
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:45:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Calvin!

Mark
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#4]
BrightFlashlights=good stuff + good people
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#5]
UM and XM switches.  The XM is the one with both the removeable tape switch and the pushbutton on the back, the UM is the tape switch only.  MSRP start at about $90 ish.

Pelican makes a tape switch that sells for only about $20.  The wire isn't removeable/replaceable like the SureFire and the wire only comes in one length unlike the SureFire that you can special order the wire length.

The only thing to worry about sometimes is that some of the cheaper ones have a higher resistance and actually make the light dimmer.

The Pelican seems decent though for most uses, it might not be as durable though, but it doesn't get abused and it's cheap enough to replace if it does get damaged so no biggie.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
From what I have seen, Pentagon switches are about the best bang for the buck and will work with SF lights.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/SF/G2%20with%20Pentagon%20tape%20switch.JPG

Grant do you have the switches in stock?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Pentagon & Pelican are essentially the same aside from the tailcap housing.

Mine were not same.

The pelican I have is dead feeling - works everytime but just not want I like (if anybody wants it - $20 shipped)!!  The pentagon is NICE!!  Mine seem to be night and day difference.  The pent is crisp.

+1 for pentagon tape
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Pentagon & Pelican are essentially the same aside from the tailcap housing.

Mine were not same.

The pelican I have is dead feeling - works everytime but just not want I like (if anybody wants it - $20 shipped)!!  

That doesn't sound normal, if you got it from us, we try to check the tapeswitches before they go out but if things are crazy we can get behind.  Regardless, we have a no hassle guarantee on the tapeswitches so if you want to return it just contact me and we'll get you taken care of with a refund, exchange or a swap towards a Pentagon t.switch if you prefer (if you have another light setup for it to go on.)

Calvin - thanks and that is why you have such a good reputation on this forum.  I did not buy from you (got it from a peilcan dealer at a gun show).  It is not defective - it works everytime - it just lacks that crisp on/off that the pent and SF have.  It is sitting in my parts stack waiting for a use.  It is also black and my light is the HA so the drapes have to match the carpet.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know where I can get an aftermarket switch for a Insight M6X that will fit the Tango Down grip cavity?  The currently pressure switch is too large.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
BrightFlashlights=good stuff + good people

+1
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top