Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 1:38:19 PM EDT
I have been looking at the Pentagon website and have become interested in the MD series xenon Laser Light units. Am interested in feedback on overall quality, and utility of the visible laser. It is a 5 mW red laser.  I am curious about actual visible range for the laser in average clear daylight and at night. As I would be mounting this on my home defense weapon (Bushmaster M4 Patrolmans Rifle) the useful range only needs to be 75-100 yards max. Also interested in the quality of the light produced by Pentagon. I have read some favorable feedback in here before but am always interested in more opinions. These units are in the $450-$550 range. Any good online stores you can recommend for purchasing Pentagon lights? Thanks for any info you Pentagon owners or users can share.
North Bend, WA
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a Pentagon MD2 light laser combo. The light and laser is well built and for the money you can't beat it. The light quality of the Pentagon light is good. A side by side comparison with a Surefire light of equivalant lumens, the Surefire light is slightly whiter in color.
As far as the laser I haven't gota chance to use it at the distances you are looking at. I have played around with it a about 50ft the dot is still well focused, unlike some of the cheaper lasers out there that go from a 1/4" dot at 20ft to a 1foot dot at 75 ft.

Where to get one, try Brightflashlights on the EE, Calvin has good prices and is good to deal with.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:11:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
is that an ARMS lever?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:13:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all. I picked a new unit up on ebay at a great price and am very impressed. Yes...the laser is good at short range as I anticipated. That is fine. At the price paid I did not expect Surefire quality on the laser. I am very impressed with the overall quality. Very solid and a bright light. A great deal in my view. Thanks to all for the feedback!  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:27:36 AM EDT
[#8]
A question to all who have used this light/laser combo. I was told that the MD3R displays some laser reflection on the lap assembly, but what kind of reflection, if any would I see on MD3F.

This looks like such a sweet setup, I think my tax return finally found a purchase.

^_^_^
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Got one myself. It's probably one of the best lights built for rifles. I've tried M6. It beats that one head to toe. Anyone know where I can get a red LED head to change out the laser? I called pentagonlight but they don't offer that direct.  h=85%

Quoted:
I have been looking at the Pentagon website and have become interested in the MD series xenon Laser Light units. Am interested in feedback on overall quality, and utility of the visible laser. It is a 5 mW red laser.  I am curious about actual visible range for the laser in average clear daylight and at night. As I would be mounting this on my home defense weapon (Bushmaster M4 Patrolmans Rifle) the useful range only needs to be 75-100 yards max. Also interested in the quality of the light produced by Pentagon. I have read some favorable feedback in here before but am always interested in more opinions. These units are in the $450-$550 range. Any good online stores you can recommend for purchasing Pentagon lights? Thanks for any info you Pentagon owners or users can share.
North Bend, WAhr
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top