Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2006 11:27:03 PM EDT
hello, I'm a newbie on the forum. I' m on the market  for a Surefire M910a. What is for you the best color for the LEDs (military/tactical use) ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard that blue is often preferrred. I don't have a 910, but that is also my experience with a small handheld that I have.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Tactically... the LEDs turn on when they get wet and stay that way for several hours so be aware of that when getting a Surefire with LED nav lights.  For convenience, I prefer white LEDs because I hate it when every thing is 2 colors and I cant see the color of signs, wires, etc with non white LEDs.  I had zero problems with my M900 causing loss of night vision, etc that people give for reasons the M900 should be any color other than white.  All the LED colors will make you VERY visable to anyone looking directly at you whne you hit the NAV lights in the front 180 degree hemisphere in front of the weapon light.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer white for the same reason that DevL mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I like white also
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:42:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your advices. I think I'll go for the white LEDs too...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top