Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:04:19 AM EDT
Is one better than the other for the X3 as a weaponlight?

With the switch the operator uses his thumb for momentary light, and can twist for constant light.  Is constant-on practical on a weapon light?

No constant-on with the pressure pad, but I'm guessing its a little easier to operate than the switch.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is one better than the other for the X3 as a weaponlight?

With the switch the operator uses his thumb for momentary light, and can twist for constant light.  Is constant-on practical on a weapon light?

No constant-on with the pressure pad, but I'm guessing its a little easier to operate than the switch.

You can also get the TC-4 tail cap. Momentary on/off and also you can push it on for constant light.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#3]
My support hand holds on the mag well, so I've standarized on a tape switch on the side of the mag well.  If I ever mount a second light on any of my guns, it will be with a "clicky" switch.  Best of both worlds!

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the pressure switch (when mounted onto a VG) easier to accidentaly activate under stress?

Which is better, the TC2 or the TC4?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Which is better, the TC2 or the TC4?

I like the TC-4 better. I find the TC-2 diffiuclt to use with the protective recess. The TC-4 is, IMO, easier to use.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Is constant-on practical on a weaponlight?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Is constant-on practical on a weaponlight?

Yes & no, in most tactical situations you want to be strobing the target both to disorient the threat and to be changing your position.  At other times constant on can be an aid by keeping your target lit letting you free up your hand for other needs.

Thanks, BrightFlashlights.  I never thought of that.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top