Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2005 4:05:06 PM EDT
I picked up Combat Annual 2006 yesterday and was leafing through it. It showed pictures of green lasers by Surefire

I thought Surefire has given up on their green lasers
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I picked up Combat Annual 2006 yesterday and was leafing through it. It showed pictures of green lasers by Surefire

The green laser engineers were busy working on the Shrike.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is Shrike?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are not available any time soon. I do however have in my hands a working green laser from a company that I am helping do R&D/T&E. This company has found a way to manage the power going to the laser diode so that it doesn't burn out so quickly. In full sunlight I can see the laser @ 50yds +!

C4

www.GRTactical.com

So badly want to see pics...

But you'll probably have to kill me
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#6]
The only SureFire ever to truely excite a girl in my experience was a green laser...
Those were good times.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are not available any time soon. I do however have in my hands a working green laser from a company that I am helping do R&D/T&E. This company has found a way to manage the power going to the laser diode so that it doesn't burn out so quickly. In full sunlight I can see the laser @ 50yds +!

C4

www.GRTactical.com

So badly want to see pics...

But you'll probably have to kill me

The body and tailcap that the laser is using SUCK, but the laser module itself is the best I have EVER SEEN (am a laser freak so have seen many). My goal is to come up with a nice cheap laser body that can use a VLTOR C or G Series mount and then produce a higher end body(like the IWAL 2) that uses a LT mount and a SF/Pentagon tail cap.

C4

Sweet

Can't wait for these to see the light of day
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Internet myth be the Surefire green laser!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#9]
ok so where are they comming form who is making them ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is Shrike?

A. A bird
B. An Anti-Radar Missile
C. Vaporware belt fed upper reciever for the AR15.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]
80 mW is definitely over the 5mW limit of Class III, huh??  Damn!

You could always go visit the EE and find the Canadian selling Aimpoint Clones, ARMS Aimpoint mount clones and green lasers which look like Surefires older and really neat looking red lasers...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
80 mW is definitely over the 5mW limit of Class III, huh??  Damn!

You could always go visit the EE and find the Canadian selling Aimpoint Clones, ARMS Aimpoint mount clones and green lasers which look like Surefires older and really neat looking red lasers...

LOL

Ah, our good friend Jack...
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#15]
actually, it's Jon, but he's a French Canadian and that probably explains it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:43:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

French Canadian Chineese.

Great prices on stuff too...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think the prices should be considered great- you are getting what you pay for- nothing more.  Keep that in mind.

Two guys bought green lasers.  One never worked and one only worked when he warmed it up in his car.  To me, that sounds like $160 up in smoke.  Unless of course you are only going to be running around your house with them...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The Shrike has shipped guys.  Check out SteyrAug's range report on his.

Well I'll be...
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=420372&page=1&#-1
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:56:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think the prices should be considered great- you are getting what you pay for- nothing more.  Keep that in mind.

Two guys bought green lasers.  One never worked and one only worked when he warmed it up in his car.  To me, that sounds like $160 up in smoke.  Unless of course you are only going to be running around your house with them...

I did get a refund on the one I bought.  To my great surprise and delight he even refunded the shipping!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#21]
that's good to know.  any word on the ACOG clones?  I've been arguing with a dude in another forum about his NEED for an airsoft clone...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top