Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 1:46:39 PM EDT
I work nights as a house supervisor at a hospital, and wear scrubs.  My duties frequently take me outside of the building in sometimes pretty dicey situations in a semi dark parking lot.

In the past I will grab a cheap hospital flashlight if I can locate one.  Well, I just bought a Surefire 6P and need a solution for a holster.

All of the ones that I see have only the belt loop on them.  I need one with a waistband clip.  Anyone know of any that would fit the bill?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya shoulda bought the C2 or E2e (which would have been lighter to carry).
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Instead of a holster, how about using a lanyard long enough to go around your neck?

A G2 would have been a bit lighter, but the 6P should work that way as well.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:22:51 AM EDT
[#3]
You could take your scrubs to a tailor and have a custom pocket sewn onto them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:35:39 AM EDT
[#4]
IIRC, Blackhawk sells a carbon fiber looking deal that can clip on. If not, Blade-Tech should be able to help you out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:48:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There's the Surefire V25 ballistic holster with a steel belt clip

That's perfect!

Thanks for all of the great suggestions.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Hang around the pharmacy and beg a fanny pack off a drug rep. I have a couple of them with various drug company logos on them. They give them away all the time. Then you carry all your stuff, flashlight, handgun () and nobody will notice or care....

And the pentagon is a good choice too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hang around the pharmacy and beg a fanny pack off a drug rep. I have a couple of them with various drug company logos on them. They give them away all the time. Then you carry all your stuff, flashlight, handgun () and nobody will notice or care....

And the pentagon is a good choice too.

Hehe, the reps only visit during the week.  :)  I do have a fanny pack, but haven't worn it since we moved from Kansas City.  We all wore them in the ER down there, but no one wears them here for some reason.  Maybe time to break it out - instead I will now have a knife, keys and light on my waistband...

We get some wild and wooly drunks and meth heads in through the ER, especially on Saturday nights, I have been asking for armed security for several years now to no avail.  Unfortunately, it will take a massacre to ever get that done...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
. . . I have been asking for armed security for several years now to no avail.  Unfortunately, it will take a massacre to ever get that done...

All the more reason to break out the fanny pack and put something low profile and dainty like a Keltec .380 in it.  You can still clip your knife and light to the belt of it for easy access.

Actually, this sounds like an excellent opportunity to do some shopping.  I'll bet Maxpedition has a belt pack of some kind that would suit your needs and be ideal in the ER.  Their stuff is versatile too, because you can wear it over the shoulder, around the waist, etc.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:50:47 AM EDT
[#10]
For an inexpensive alternative to carry just a light, get a generic double stack mag holder with a belt clip on it.  I have a nylon one for Glock 21 mags that is big enough enough to hold my 6P bezel up.  I got a PVC end cap from the hardware store that fits in the bottom of the mag pouch and prevents the 6P from turning on.  
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top