Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2005 10:06:11 PM EDT
honestly there are so many different models that i dont even know where to start. im looking for a light that i can mount on my rifle but i also would like it to serve some purpose like taking it off and using it as a normal flashlight for camping and such. what would you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]
For what its worth I went with a simple G2 with shock isolation bezel, tape switch and mount from BrightFlashlights and I've been very happy with that setup.  The price for the whole package was very very attractive and BrightFlashlights is a very cool fella to deal with as well.

Damn I sound like an advertisement, lol.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I also went with a G2 Nitrolen but NO shock Isolated bezel, and a pressure switch from BrightFlashLights. I have put about a thousand rounds through it and it still runs
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
G2 with a Shock Isolated Bezel if you want to MINIMIZE your risk of "Murphy's Law". You do need the shock isolated bezel, regardlesss of "Other's" experiences. The G2 without the Shock Isolated Bezel WAS NOT designed for weapons use...and Sure Fire will tell you so!

Tack
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:31:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Have Calvin at Brightflashlights build you a true weapons-grade light for much, much less than the equivalent Surefire Millennium series light. This is a 125 lumen 3-bulb system with shock isolation for the bulb AND isolation for the batteries. Plus, if you dismount the light it becomes an excellent hand held.

ETA: The light (not the mount) is all Surefire components through and through.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can afford an AR and ammo to shoot it, a G2 is inexpensive enough that you could afford to have two of them.  One to mount on your rifle, and one to use for untility purposes (and as a backup for your rifle).

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Oops!  Double post ... sorry!

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#8]
how much did that cost you and how do i contact them
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#10]
while it is true led lights do not project as far (because the emitter is larger so you need a larger parabola to focus it), i still would not buy any new filament lights.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
how much did that cost you and how do i contact them

IIRC my setup was well under $200, as opposed to around $350-$400 or a new M961xx. See previous post for Calvin's contact info. He's very, very responsive and knowledgeable.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#12]
i run an M900 on my AR but i have an M3 and the same tail cap pictured and a scope ring that i normally us as a hanheld but it can be used as a great weapons light. Also one time i broke a little piece on my m900  (cosmetic not funtion vital) but b/c of the great warranty i sent it back and i used the M3 while i waited on it to return. The M3 IMHO is surefires best light on the market due to its verstility. good luck.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
For what its worth I went with a simple G2 with shock isolation bezel, tape switch and mount from BrightFlashlights and I've been very happy with that setup.  The price for the whole package was very very attractive and BrightFlashlights is a very cool fella to deal with as well.

Damn I sound like an advertisement, lol.

This is the route I'm planning on taking.I just posted on another forum trying to find this exact info.Thanks.tom.
PS Didn't mean to hijack the thread.tom.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top