Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2005 6:47:05 AM EDT
Anybody seen this one or have any experance with one? It might make for a nice beater light. Looks like it even uses Surefire lamps.

Surefire Style Vertical Foregrip Weapon Light System Replica M900A M910A

Length: 182mm
Width: 52mm
Height: 145mm
Water Resistant: Can Operate Under Heavy Rain
Brightness: 250 Lumens Peak
Drop Resistant: 2 Meters Max
Continuous Operation: 60 Minutes

The Vertical Foregrip Weapon Light attaches to Picatinny rail interface-equipped weapons via a built-in dual thumbscrew mount. Each unit is equipped with five separate switches:

(1) two pressure-sensitive momentary activation pads to control the main battle light -- one on each side of the grip for ambidextrous operation
(2) a constant-on switch
(3) a system disable switch to lock the light in the OFF position for covert operations or to eliminate accidental light activation during storage, and
(4) a third, smaller momentary switch to control two low-output LEDs that are useful whenever there is a need for a very small amount of light (stealth navigation, nighttime breaching operations, etc.)
The Weapon Light powered by three lithium batteries and produces 125 lumens for one hour of runtime with the high-output lamp, or 225 lumens for 20 minutes with the included ultra-high output lamp.A 1.625" diameter bezel provides the optimum beam spread for close to medium range engagements. This Weapon Light is designed for peak performance in the harshest environments and has proven its reliability and performance in combat. Constructed from impact-resistant polymer and featuring a shock-isolated bezel and lamp assemblies, this light features the highest degree of shock-isolation available to ensure reliable function in high-risk situations.

Fits most Picatinny rail interface-equipped weapons including, Colt Carbine, Colt Rifle, G36, G36K, and UMP40/45 etc.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7201764355&sspagename=ADME:L:RTQ:CA:1
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I would not trust MY life to it, would you? Beater or otherwise, any bullet squirter could become the only one you have at that moment to defend your life or that of loved ones.....
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 5:22:41 PM EDT
[#2]
As they say:

How much is your life worth?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
he said "beater light" you two n00bs.  Quit repeating the same "how much is your life worth" rhetoric to make yourselves sound so intelligent.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As they say:

When was the last time a flashlight saved your life?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I am interested in these lights as well.

What I would really like to see is a construction comparison between these and the surefire model(s) that these were cloned from.  Mostly checking electrical resistance of electrical pathways, quality of metals used.

Honestly though, if you take the same surefire component, make it ooverseas, and not have the awesome customer service that surefire does, it is probably priced comparably.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am interested in these lights as well.

What I would really like to see is a construction comparison between these and the surefire model(s) that these were cloned from.  Mostly checking electrical resistance of electrical pathways, quality of metals used.

Honestly though, if you take the same surefire component, make it ooverseas, and not have the awesome customer service that surefire does, it is probably priced comparably.

quality of metals used?  how much metal is in the Surefire?  

Remember- Surefires come with a lifetime guarantee and warranty (I think it's all of them?)  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]
It is made for aircoft. That being said That being said I have heard that they were very durable and extremely bright. The only problem I have heard is that the battery sping may set and have to be stretchd out. At redwolfe website they run these for $169. Unless I were going to Iraq I would probably give one of theses a try. I have been thinking about it for my duty carbine. The reason I have not is the locking rifle rack in my patrol car is not foward verticle grip friendly.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
he said "beater light" you two n00bs.  Quit repeating the same "how much is your life worth" rhetoric to make yourselves sound so intelligent.  

Hey slick, go fuck yourself. My post count here has nothing to do with squat, so stow your self perceived greatness, get over yourself, then go fuck yourself again. I'm stating the obvious, because it is the obvious. Maybe he has never heard it before, so deal with it. And in the future, if it is the obvious, nobody needs an asswhipe like yourself to come along state it. If it bothers you, again, fuck off, and keep your trap shut for your "greatness" is best dealt with in moderation........... dick.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#9]
okla-lawman, can you steer me to the redwolfe website? I tried to search but could not find anything, thanks...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
okla-lawman, can you steer me to the redwolfe website? I tried to search but could not find anything, thanks...

www.redwolfairsoft.com
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#11]
[Hey slick, go fuck yourself. My post count here has nothing to do with squat, so stow your self perceived greatness, get over yourself, then go fuck yourself again. I'm stating the obvious, because it is the obvious. Maybe he has never heard it before, so deal with it. And in the future, if it is the obvious, nobody needs an asswhipe like yourself to come along state it. If it bothers you, again, fuck off, and keep your trap shut for your "greatness" is best dealt with in moderation........... dick.

Don`t hold back tell us how you really feel....!....LOL
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey slick, go fuck yourself. My post count here has nothing to do with squat, so stow your self perceived greatness, get over yourself, then go fuck yourself again. I'm stating the obvious, because it is the obvious. Maybe he has never heard it before, so deal with it. And in the future, if it is the obvious, nobody needs an asswhipe like yourself to come along state it. If it bothers you, again, fuck off, and keep your trap shut for your "greatness" is best dealt with in moderation........... dick.

Quoted for posterity for when you're gone.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
As they say:

When was the last time a flashlight saved your life?

If you're an LEO or Military. The very next entry you make.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#16]
 OK, my first post but I've seen this question asked several times here and hope to clear things up once and for all with a valid comparison. I have both a Surefire M910A that I use on patrol and a Rico light that I use in training. For some background, I have been an LEO for 16 years, as a tac-team member and firearms instructor; and am a die-hard Surefire fan (I currently own 11 of their lights). I will say their customer service is second to none. If a part breaks they will send you a new one in days with no questions asked.
 On another post here someone stated that "no-one that buys a S/F would buy" a knock-off. Well, I guess I'm the exception. I bought the Rico a little over a year ago (on E-bay) out of curiosity and to preserve my S/F M910A; to keep it from getting dinged and scratched in training. I  use the Rico for range-work, scenario training, and Simunitions training, and slap on the M910 for patrol and call-outs.
 As a comaprison, at $160.00 plus shipping, I'm impressed with the Rico. It is no cheap toy. It has survived over a year of bumps and knocks, including being dropped twice and taking a .40 SW Sims hit on the side from about 7-10 yards. There is virtually no discernable difference except for the Rico lens being polycarbonate and the S/F being pyrex. The Rico lamp is apparently shock isolated as advertised as it has stood up to repeated full-auto firing from my M4 with no problems. (my M4 is an early model with fixed carry handle and safe/semi/auto lower).  The bezel and lamp assebly from the S/F will fit and work in the Rico. When the bulb in the Rico goes, I'll replace it with a S/F MN10 lamp. I can detect no difference in the xenon lamp in brightness or shape between the two. The LEDs on the S/F are brighter however. There is also no noticeable difference in fit on the S/F M73 rail of my M4. The Rico fits as tight as the S/F and the attachment parts appear virtually the same. The vertical grip and polymer frame housing are so similar in fact, that if S/F wasn't known for their "Made in USA" pride, one would swear they were subcontracting Rico to manufacter this part.  To sum up, the Rico has withstood a year of hard knocks from me, and this from a true Surefire fan.    
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I just use my Surefire 900A for training as well as work.

When a friend of mine's X200A went south recently it was during training, which is where I'd prefer to find the failure as opposed to in a hot entry.   As a side note SF repaired the unit and sent it back to him.

About a year ago or so I was running a small Surefire light on the side of a SF railed forend for a Remington 870P. The light was in a KAC 1" ring mount built for the lights. After a number of rounds the light moved forward enough in the mount that it activated and was impossible to turn off other than unscrew the bezel. Everything on the set up was pretty much attached via screws.  This occured in the middle of the afternoon. I had no need for illumination on the gun at all during that time other than to keep running it over the course of the day to see if it would withstand the recoil of the 12 ga.  While the light was unharmed it presented a significant problem that I never would have predicted.  And it could have occured at a much worse time, such as kicking in a door at 0100 hrs.  

Failure possibilities and performance characteristics are why I run the stuff irregardless of price tag.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Dang Joe, people get upset at you?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Post a photo comparison of both.  I want to see it on your duty gun also.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe no one noticed - But captcanuck is from Canada.....

Surfire here is about double what you pay, right wrong or the otherwise.  There is the odd deal to be had now and again though.....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Maybe no one noticed - But captcanuck is from Canada.....

Well in that case, that changes every opinion I might have on this matter.

Sucks to be you guys.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post a photo comparison of both.  I want to see it on your duty gun also.

+1
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#23]
yep it sucks to be us....however

M203s are not even regulated.... something about barrel velocity under 450 fps, so our gov treates them as a pellet gun

There is no SBR stuff, all AR's are treated equal.  IIRC KevinB has a 4" barreled one.

It is pain paperwork wise, and transport wise (all AR's can only be range shot) but it just makes a Cdn enthusist a REAL enthusist.

Pricewise, though, wish I was stateside....I think I have over  $3k into my 10.3 shorty, and it is nothing that special (athough mighty hard to collect all the parts again)

LMT 10.3
LMT M16 BDC
LMT Fixed Rear BUIS
KAC RAS II
KAC M4QD Flashhider
Magpul M93B
Magpul MIAD Grip
Magpul XT Panels
PRI Gasbuster
Dieter CQB Grip
Aimpoint w/ ARMS Mount (will accept Christmas gift of Larue Low mount)

And to keep this thread on topic,

Saving for M951XM07!!

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top