Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2005 6:45:50 PM EDT
Just bought a Pentagon X2 and I need a source for batterries for it. I guess I need to buy it by the dozen to get a good price. Where isa good battery sourse?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Brightflashlights is a great guy to deal with.  

However, you might also check batterystation.com.  Those are the batteries that I use and I recommend them highly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of cr123's, I was in my local Radio Shack over the weekend, and I saw their store-brand cr123's selling for $15/pair.  Eff that!  Then I surfed the web and found prices on off-brand batteries like "Hitech" selling for as little as about a buck each.  The question on my mind is, are all cr123's created equal (give or take) or are some name-brand worth the higher cost?  More specifically, will the low-cost off-brands give me the full 60 minutes in my SureFire G2 and last on my shelf for 10 years?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#4]
NO,

Not all cr123a cells are the same.

Check out this link:  candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67078

I have had good luck with the battery station brand as well.  I have almost given up on the surefire labelled cells as they cost a little more, and I have had many of them fail early on me.  For example, my light will die after 5-10 minutes of use.  One battery will be dead, the other will still have 90% of its life left and I end up using these for single celled lights.

www.lighthound.com has good prices on battery station 123's if you are getting 20 at a time.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Surefire sells them 12 for $15 on their website.  Great quality batteries too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Check out this link:  candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67078

UVvis,

Thanks for hipping me to that article.  It answered all the questions I had as well as all the questions I didn't even know I needed to ask.

Quoted:

Ditto the above on BatteryStation 123A's, I normally carry them myself but sold out during/after Hurricane Rita.

BF,

Any idea when you'll get more Battery Station in stock?  I'm not in a huge rush, so if the price is right, I'll wait and order from you.

Regards all,

m

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I got some from the Pentagon website for $1.19 each.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
$20 for 12 batteries.  ($1.67 per battery delivered).

See:

www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/pgrfnbr/273/sesent/00

Top quality, great package.  Remember that Li-Ion  Lithium head.gif   (thanks Size15s) have 10 yr shelf life.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I got Battery Stations from BrightFlashlights 12 for $15 if I can remeber correct. Great little batteries from a great guy!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Remember that Li-Ion have 10 yr shelf life.

I'm not sure you mean "Li-Ion".
Lithium Ion is a type of rechargeable battery chemistry. They can hold a charge for quite a while but not ten years.

LiMnO2 (Lithium Manganese dioxide) is a style of primary (non-rechargeable) battery chemistry. They can hold a charge for quite a while. After sitting on a shelf in the cool, dry shade for ten years you'll still get a good runtime from them at modest current drain. For example, about 60% of the runtime compared to fresh batteries.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top