Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2005 3:52:18 PM EDT
Hi all, new to ar15 and pretty new to firearms in general. I have started my first build and had a few questions. I have heard some bad things about the bulbs (m900a) going bad while fireing, is this common of just a fluke? also, are the A.R.M.S. mounts stong enough or should I just go with the 910a? and last , could i get some suggestions on where to get the m900a-m910a at a good price, 600 is too much for me.

Thanks, James
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Treetop
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had only one instance of bulb breakage with my M900. I really don't think it was the bulb's fault. I have both the 1.6 bezel and the turbo head bezel. I also run an FM 13 and FM 23 IR filters on them and when doing so with the turbohead it made the overall diameter of the light large enough that the edge of the tip off filter barely connected the underside of the front sight post/bayonet lug.

When fired the vibrations from the barrel, or at best contact with the barrel under recoil caused the lamp to completely shatter.  To solve this I shaved a bit of the outside body of the filter down so that  it didn't contact the front sight base. Never had another problem.

And as a followup SF replaced the lamp module with virtually no questions asked beyond the expected request of how it occured.

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:11:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top