Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 4:37:48 PM EDT
Was thinking about getting a bore sighting laser type that looks like a round and you actually chamber. Any thoughts, opinions, or reccomendations would be appreciated.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Was thinking about getting a bore sighting laser type that looks like a round and you actually chamber. Any thoughts, opinions, or reccomendations would be appreciated.

-Foxxz

Why do you need this?

C4

Sighting in rifles at home or when using ammo that doesn't group the best.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Well the way I look at it is that ammo is cheap and lasers are not. If you do thing correctly it should only take you about 3 shots to get on paper and zero from there. Keeping mind that the laser is going to be virtually worthless in full sun.

C4

In any case I'd still like an answer to my original questions.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I look at laser bore sighters as a tool that would help say a guy in a gunstore get a scope "close" so a not so bright customer has a chance of sighting in his gun with out going crazy . In other words a person who has a general knowledge of the principles envolved would not find it to be a must have tool.To someone who is a "tool junkie" it might be something to look at . I would spend the money on many other tools before I personally would buy one of these gizmoes
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#7]
They work great. Buy 1 laser and several different arbors for different calibers with the Aimshot system and not really expensive at all.

cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?rid=&indexId=cat200006&navAction=push&navCount=1&cmCat=MainCatcat20712&parentType=index&parentId=cat200006&id=0012850
I use my neighbors wall acoss the street and I get it pretty damn close that way.
The ones that you stick on the end of the barrel suck compared to these.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:58:52 AM EDT
[#9]
considering how much shooters spend on things $70 is a drop in the bucket.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:09:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
considering how much shooters spend on things $70 is a drop in the bucket.

$70.00 for laser  + $30.00 = 500 rounds of ammo

I would buy the half case of ammo.

It would be a lot more fun.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:44:00 AM EDT
[#11]
This could be an ideal situation for sighting the laser on my sidearm before we deploy. We will not be issued the ammo to sight in our lasers before we deploy, so i have no idea where my rounds fall in reference to my laser dot, therefore making it near worthless. (Wonderful, huh?) This could at least let me boresight it to 25m and then have a pretty good chance of making a snap shot. (This is my backup weapon, my primary is a SAW.)
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
aimshot does makes a pistol laser with various arbors for the other calibers.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top