Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2005 12:40:19 AM EDT
I think I am going to get an M3T.  I have rifle length handguards on all rifles.  I don't want to buy a 4 rail if I can help it because I won't ever use a VFG.  I don't like the feel of grabbing rails.  What is the best way to mount this light?  I won't use a tape switch, it will be a clicker tail cap.  

I want to be able to activate the light without breaking my firing grip.  I appologize for being ignorant on the subject.

If I needed too, I was thinking of buying a freefloat tube and mounting just one 3" rail up toward the front to use for the light.  I would prefer to do something less expensive if I can though.

I have looked at the front sight tower mounts.  Does the light get in the way of you field of view?  Where is the best place to mount it to be able to access the switch readily?
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Who makes that mount?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I am trying to do this as low budget as I can.  If I get a 4 rail, can I mount a M3T with just weaver rings?

Can't the M4 (Leapard Light) be used as a weaponlight?  Does the M4 have the shock isolation needed for use as a weaponlight and the M3T doesn't?

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#6]
What parts go into that build, other than the Turbohead?  How much is it?  

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, talk about going out of your way to help a guy out.  thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

We're building it off the Surefire 9v forearm module, using the A21 conversion spacer (which is available in black only) and then configure it with whatever tailcap you prefer.  As well as it being a true weaponsgrade solution, it's straight body allows for more mount adaptablity compared to the M3 body.

I'll try to explain all the configuration options by IM asap.

Thanks.

I just got one of these from Calvin and it absolutely rocks! The weight and balance are nice when using the light as a hand-held, and it mounts up perfectly on my Dissy. Pics to follow.

Thanks Calvin, for knowing your Surefire products. I would have NEVER thought to do this combination of parts.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Pics:

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top