Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:29:00 PM EDT
After having no power and having a couple of lost looters a block away from my home right after the storm 2 nights later, I had the weapons but no nv . After pricing a good set up($4k) ouch, I was wondering if you took that new weaver dig nv ($200) mount it on top of my rifle and use a ir lazer with it($400). I was thinking of turning down the ir led on the weaver and having the the ir lazer turned up. I wonder how good the weaver would work with a stander lazer at night. I know that battery life is short on the weaver but I can work around that. Good idea, bad idea. Any other ideas?(I wonder if fema would buy me nv)
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just get a powerful weapon mounted flash light that is a weapon in itself?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why not just get a powerful weapon mounted flash light that is a weapon in itself?

I do plan on having one ar setup with a powerful flash light but I always wanted to play around with nv but I can't part with that kind of money. Just an idea I was thinking about. I always wanted to have one of those dig nv for use at the camp. I have a few days to think about it since I am not getting any mail or usp service yet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh ok, in that case, get both!  My advise is to save your money and get a good one.  $200 will get you a questionable GenI, you oughta look through one in darkness to see for yourself.  The GenI I looked through was a gigantic PVS2, the image was grainy and blurry.  The GenII PVS4 I had was better, but GenIII is much better still.
My PVS14/VITAL2 combo cost about 4K (and I got great deals on both), I think if I only have $400 I'd get an ACOG or ELCAN that have good light transmission/gathering instead an el cheapo NV monocular and visible laser.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#4]
$1500 to $2000 will get you a GOOD used pair of PVS7.

I've done it twice, both here and Ebay-you just have to be patient and look for the right deal.

Dave
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top