Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2005 4:14:56 AM EDT
Anyone have pistures of the difference in lighting   they both put out 125/225 lumens    why go with one over the other   is one more of a concentrated the other more scattered   ....if anyone has picts of the illumination that would be a big help thanks

I'll be purchasing 2 lights from BrightFlashlights  verry soon  let you know how it turns out   turbo head for the ar and the regular with the strike bezel for duty light  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Turbo head has longer reach.

I'll try to do some pics when I get my camera back from the shop
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
This is the MN11 (225Lumen/20min) in the "M3" bezel:

This is the MN16 (225Lumen/20min) in the "M3T" (TurboHead) bezel:

The difference the TurboHead makes is an obvious and significant increase in beam intensity/throw.

Well worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I would think that a wider beam would be more usefull indoors than a turbohead.  The light will "spill" and illuminate more of a room than a tightly focused beam.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Different bezel sizes for different applications. There isn't one better than the other. Pick the right one for your application. Use it wrong, then you'll see the disadvantage.

I still prefered the 2.5 in bezel for longer reach. After all, an indoor distance of 20 yards (unless you live in a castle)  will not bring out the difference in both bezels.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:25:03 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks guys   thats a lot of help  ordering my light soon
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top