Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 3:41:07 PM EDT
Didnt quite know which section to post this in but,

Is there a bipod adapter out there to fit the M500A?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the regular handguard bipod adaptor work?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:24:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Im not sure, the underside the the M500a handguard has a bit of an extension on it. Im not sure if the standard ar15 handguard adapter will work or not.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a standard Harris AR bipod adapter (#5 maybe?) on my M500As. You'll have to remove the heatshields temporarily to install it, but aside from that installation is a snap

Most of my rifles (even carbines) get a bipod stud for sighting-in purposes. I don't trust myself enough to zero a weapon offhand.

Here's a Harris bipod stud on one of my M500A equipped carbines:

I had to add the washer to give the stud enough "meat" to hold onto. It has been anodized black since this pic was taken

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking good. I see you have the stud mounted just behind the flat "extension" thats on the front of the m500 bottom grip. Do you know what purpose this serves if you cannot mount a bipod stud there?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... the flat "extension" thats on the front of the m500 bottom grip. Do you know what purpose this serves if you cannot mount a bipod stud there?

I guess you can fit an ITI Universal Rail Mount and clamp your bipod or any other rail accessory there.
-------------
G18 - the best in full-auto...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looking good. I see you have the stud mounted just behind the flat "extension" thats on the front of the m500 bottom grip. Do you know what purpose this serves if you cannot mount a bipod stud there?

I have no idea what the flat spot is for Optik. It must serve some sort of function-though I have no idea what that function is.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:02:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah the Universal rail mount could work. Anyone know how sturdy those Bayonet lug rail mounts are?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:09:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I use a standard Harris AR bipod adapter (#5 maybe?) on my M500As. You'll have to remove the heatshields temporarily to install it, but aside from that installation is a snap

I didn't remove my heatshields, don't the instructions tell you not to? Not sure about that, but still my #5 works great!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top