Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:58:07 AM EDT
On visible laser, like the OTAL, you just see a "dot" where it hits right ? Not the entire length of laserbeam from source to target......"lightsaber" style right ?

If you just see the dot what kind of distances is it effective at in broad daylight ?

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Visible is really any wavelenth between ~ 400 and 780nm, with your eye peaking in sensitivity at ~ 550nm.  Some people can see a little farther above and below but not very much and not very many.  When you see the beam it is just because the laser is scattering off of stuff in the air.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Daylight usability at high noon, no shade is about 6 feet.  I am serious.  If I try real hard and hunt for the light for a few seconds I can see it up to 20 feet but it takes a while to find it.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top