Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 7:35:03 PM EDT
The title says it, I am looking at these two lights both look very nice but I am not sure what one to get? Are both easy to mount, and are the mounts about the same price? Suggestions? Also I should note thanks to the nice deals on the EE there is only a $8.00 difference between the two, and this is my first real flashlight.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
My limited contribution to your question:

I own several 6P's and have been very happy with them with no experience with the other light. The 6P's are well constructed and are bright as hell.

I have not yet mounted one on an AR or looked into pressure endplates, etc. and is actually why I am in this forum.

If you end up getting the 6P, get spare batteries and I would also recommend the brighter bulb if primary use is going to be for short burst home protection.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Well I am going to be replacing my maglite that I use for hunting, I am leaning twords the X2-HA for some odd reason but for some reason I seem to like it more.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I have both and like each.  

The X2HA is designed to handle the recoil of a weapon while the 6P is not.  I realize some use the 6P in that capacity with no ill effects.

I like the X2 best since it's designed from the ground up to handle recoil and its internals are of robust construction.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The X2HA is designed to handle the recoil of a weapon while the 6P is not.  I realize some use the 6P in that capacity with no ill effects.

I like the X2 best since it's designed from the ground up to handle recoil and its internals are of robust construction.

Well that settles the deal, I was wanting a light that could be weapon mounted if I so desired so.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that settles the deal, I was wanting a light that could be weapon mounted if I so desired so.

The round count so far is 150 rounds of full power 12 gauge with my Pentagon X3HA mounted on the shotgun. It still functions as it is supposed to with no broken bulbs or any other ill effects.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#6]
So when they say the batteries last 60 minutes is that at full power? Also do the pilas work in the X2?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep I have thought about those LED lights and I have a small cheap version but they just dont seem to provide the same quality of light of that a Incandescent does. But I think all my reaseach has been done now on to the buying phase. But if I get a new light ill have to get a new railed HG
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top