Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2005 3:47:43 PM EDT
Weapon light gurus, I need you to make a recommendation on a light.  Here is my criteria:

(1)  Installing this on my M4.  I have a Daniel Defense offset light mount coming.
(2)  I prefer rear push button activation as I have an offset mount coming.
(3)  I like the Surefire M3, but the price is somewhat disconcerting ($252).
(4)  125 lumens or better.
(5)  6V, lithium ion battery setup.

There seems to be a flood of brands out there from Streamlight, Surefire, Pentagon, etc.

Please make a recommendation, I guess best "bang for my buck".
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Weapon light gurus, I need you to make a recommendation on a light.  Here is my criteria:

(1)  Installing this on my M4.  I have a Daniel Defense offset light mount coming.
(2)  I prefer rear push button activation as I have an offset mount coming.
(3)  I like the Surefire M3, but the price is somewhat disconcerting ($252).
(4)  125 lumens or better.
(5)  6V, lithium ion battery setup.

There seems to be a flood of brands out there from Streamlight, Surefire, Pentagon, etc.

Please make a recommendation, I guess best "bang for my buck".

Surefire 900 series Classic weapon light or even more economically, a standard SF 9P with a Z32 Shock Isolated bezel and Z41 clicky tailcap. Both Will fit your offset mount. Cheaper and not as cool looking as Surefire's latest millenium Weapon lights but will work just as well. Bear in mind, both are 9V setups but the P90 bulb will give you 125 lumens for a runtime of 1 hour.

BTW Calvin @ Brightflashlights is the Man.

Edited to add pic with SF 900 series Classic weapon light:
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 2 Pentagon X2's . So far so good with them. Definetly a nice bang for the buck
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Pentagon Light, x3.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Pentagon X3HA. 130 lumens for 60 minutes with 9v. Talk to kblagg, he got me the best deal on the net for a Pentagon. I'll never buy another Surefire light again.

**ETA** I have the Daniel Defense offset light mount also and it works great with the Pentagon light.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top