Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 11:27:11 AM EDT
Which Models are currently in service with an NSN assigned to them?  Also which mount is the best to hold a zero on those lights?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:58:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Which Models are currently in service with an NSN assigned to them?  Also which mount is the best to hold a zero on those lights?

AN/PEQ-2 IR laser/illuminator.
AN/PAQ-4C IR Laser.
AN/PEQ-5 visible laser(never really seen or used)

Surefire M95/M96 series are quite popular(don't know if there is an NSN issued)
mounts for the SFs are either SF Thumbscrew or ARMS 17 Throwlever.
Surefire Classic weapons lights-600 and 900 models(don't believe either have an NSN)
Insight VLI.(assigned NSN) but highly regarded as a POS.

It's not necessary for the light to hold zero for it is a CQB illumination device and not a sighting system.
Plus it's not like you can adjust a Tac light for Windage/elevation anyway.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#2]
SureFire Classic WeaponLight 660 has NSN 6230-01-527-5765

SureFire have a list of NSN's here
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
SureFire Classic WeaponLight 660 has NSN 6230-01-527-5765

SureFire have a list of NSN's here

Good link, I've always wondered that Myself, since SF Lights dominate over any others in current usage.
Appearently the SF M962(Love mine) is the replacement light for the VLI in the SOPMOD package(different source) and is NSN-5855-01-501-3081
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top