Why did you get it (if you have it)?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 4:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
What he said.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:58:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Surefire yesterday...............................LaRue today.................................what will it be tomorrow?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:06:06 AM EDT
[#4]
what kind of tailcap does it have?  how many batteries?  lumens?  water rated?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Surefire yesterday...............................LaRue today.................................what will it be tomorrow?

Gladius
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, it is the only light with a built in mount. This allows for better heat dissipation.

C4

How so?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, it is the only light with a built in mount. This allows for better heat dissipation.

C4

How so?

The mount and light body are all one unit (instead of two like everyone else). This transfers heat to the rail better allowing the light to run cooler.

C4

I understand that they are one unit.  But how does being one unit help it dissipate heat?    

Lets say your assumption and LaRues advertising is correct.

Flashlights of this quality are deisgned to run hundreds of hours without burning out.

I would be more concerned about heat from the barrel and rail being transfered to the light as they will heat up much faster under fire then any light will while on under continuous use.

So if your assumption is correct, that the one piece design helps transfer heat from the light to the rail, then the converse is true as well.  Heat wil be more easily transfered from the rail to the light.

Not trying to start an argument, its that I have learned to always question advertisements by manufacturers and vendors and to think through their statements.  Your statement sounds good on the surface, but underneath I can see a bigger negative to it.

I would rather see a a light thats insulated from the heat of the barrel and rail (which can be much hotter and potentially more damaging then any heat from a light) under continuous fire then protecting a light from its own heat.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top