Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/3/2005 1:48:40 AM EDT
Our tactical unit is now evaluating MS2 from PentagonLight.  We are very happy with it and will be replacing our Surefire system. It is definitely brighter than the competing Surefire 951, lighter, and better built.  But they offer 5 or 6 different switch options.  We are looking into the clickie type.  Has anyone tried those?  We actually got two from them.  One with a ring around the tail button to protect it.   The other one is supposed to be new.  It does not have the ring to protect the switch, but also click.  PentagonLight technical support told us that it is better to go with a momentary type for tactical use, and I agree.  But some in the team prefers the option of staying on.  We don't want to go with anything with a cord, so any kind of remote type switch is out of question.  Has anyone used either one of their clickie switches extensively?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#1]
As I understand it, the clickie switch will also do momentary. That being the case, the clickie is the way to go.

Remember under stress fingers turn into flippers and fine motor skills are the first thing to go. So you don't want anything that can interfere with your ability to hit the switch. So the clickie with no ring would be my first choice. The other consideration is gloves. Can you work the switch with gloves on? Again a reason for having unobstructed access to the switch.

I have the stock momentary switch on my X3 ritght now. You can push the momentary switch on and off, or rotate the end cap for constant on. I have found that if you have the end cap "to close" to on, you can actually actuate the light by bumping it on or around the tail cap. As a result I have to be sure its backed off far enough to not have an "AD" with my light.

Most guys I know that have real world working guns prefer clickie tailcaps to momentary. And avoid tape switches as the wires can get hung up on gear and other things.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Just so you know, we decided on the clickie type but without the button protection.  I will report back to you after some usage.  Initially, it feels great and we don't think accidental switch on is a going to be a problem since we didn't even have problem before on the momentary switch coming on accidentally, so having it click on is probably not going to happen.  I know this is a new switch, but if anyone out there have some experience with this type of switch, please send me some feedback.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:59:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool. Now post pics of the setup. (Its required here.)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I see people with those nice images interlaced into the text.  How do I do that?  I'm a newbie.  I tried pasting but that didn't do anything.  Anyway, we evaluated several manufacturers and went with PentagonLight.  A scoring method was used to facilitate that.  But when it comes down to tailcap switch.  We can't just go democratic like here with the polls, nor numerical we used to pick Pentagon.  It was basically dictatorship.  But I think we made the right choice on the switch selection at the end.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:41:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I see people with those nice images interlaced into the text.  How do I do that?  I'm a newbie.  I tried pasting but that didn't do anything.  Anyway, we evaluated several manufacturers and went with PentagonLight.  A scoring method was used to facilitate that.  But when it comes down to tailcap switch.  We can't just go democratic like here with the polls, nor numerical we used to pick Pentagon.  It was basically dictatorship.  But I think we made the right choice on the switch selection at the end.

Two things. Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll tell you how to post pictures. Also, if you email them to me, I can host them and post them for you.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top