Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/2/2005 3:01:28 PM EDT
I am wondering if anyone has found a knock-off of the M500 series light? I have found them for airsoft but I can't imagine they can withstand the kick/recoil.

Please let me know.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
why do u want a knock off?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Rather than a knockoff intended for a toy you might try scanning the equipment exchange here for a great deal on a used one.

One of my buddies got scammed a couple years ago buying an M500 on eBay. The seller assured him that it was the real deal-but when it arrived it was a Taiwanese airsoft knockoff piece of crap. I found out about it when he called me asking if he could borrow a replacement bulb assembly-because his "didn't seem bright enough" He had no idea that he got had been scammed-until I compared his to one of mine.

To make matters worse, this M500 was intended for his duty carbine-he's a police officer. I loaned him one of mine until he got the mess sorted out.

It wasn't bright enough because it was a high priced toy intended to do nothing more than look cool
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Rather than a knockoff intended for a toy you might try scanning the equipment exchange here for a great deal on a used one.

One of my buddies got scammed a couple years ago buying an M500 on eBay. The seller assured him that it was the real deal-but when it arrived it was a Taiwanese airsoft knockoff piece of crap. I found out about it when he called me asking if he could borrow a replacement bulb assembly-because his "didn't seem bright enough" He had no idea that he got had been scammed-until I compared his to one of mine.

To make matters worse, this M500 was intended for his duty carbine-he's a police officer. I loaned him one of mine until he got the mess sorted out.

It wasn't bright enough because it was a high priced toy intended to do nothing more than look cool

Cjan_NH absolutely knows what he's talking about.

Knock Offs give bad ju-ju. You want the real deal even if you only plink or use your AR for HD.

+1 Take your time and be diligent in the EE. You'll get your goat.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I am not looking for a "airsoft" version, but maybe another version made by another company. By "knock-off" I meant a generic brand name version.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I am not looking for a "airsoft" version, but maybe another version made by another company. By "knock-off" I meant a generic brand name version.

SureFire's design is patented. Only Chi-com crap aka airsoft crap disregards U.S. patents.

Still haven't checked the EE huh?

HS1
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I did check EE, but not many options...will keep checking.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I did check EE, but not many options...will keep checking.

You could always make one your self.

M4 handguards
4-5 inch rail at the 3 o'clock of wherever position
rail mount for your light
light

Bam you have the same thing almost.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Rather than a knockoff intended for a toy you might try scanning the equipment exchange here for a great deal on a used one.]

Big +1
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top