BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 6:27:13 AM EDT
Son-of-a-bitch!

WTF??????????

Put fresh batteries in it and it still won't work. Bulb is not broken and I didn't drop it. I was using it for light while changing the oil on Mrs. HS1's Maxima last night. About 5 minutes later when I went to grab it again, the SOB wouldn't work.

WTF??? I love my Pentagon, but i've never had this problem with any of my SF's.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Check it...

Pentagon Flaslights guaranteed for life

They have an excellent product. I wouldn't consider another Surefire after owning a Pentagon. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Still not working.

This sucks ass. I was 'gonna mount this sucker to my M4gery, but it fails from hand use. It sure as hell won't last from repeated recoil.

This friggen sucks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HS1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, this is wierd.

I changed the Pentagon batteries after the light initially malfunctioned last night. I used a pair of SureFire Batteries which were already loaded and working fine in my SF X200A just seconds before I pulled them out to use them in the X2-HA. The Pentagon light wouldn't work.

This morning I dug out 2 NIW SureFire batteries and slid them into the X2-HA and it still wouldn't work. WTF?
So, I decided to run up to Publix and get a NIW two-pack of Duracell 123's.

Come home, load up the Duracells and now she's working brighter than when I unwrapped her Wed. last week.

Curious, I tried all the suspect batteries in my IT M3 and M6. Here are the results.

M3 & M6 w/used Pentagon batteries...............Negative function
M3 & M6 w/used SureFire batteries................Negative function
M3 & M6 w/NIW SureFire batteries.................Negative function

SureFire X200A w/used SF batteries...............Positive function
SureFire X200A w/used Pentagon batteries.....Negative function
SureFire X200A w/NIW SureFire batteries.......Negative function

X2-HA, M3, M6, SF X200A all worked perfectly with the two NIW Duracell batteries.

Maybe the NIW 2-pack SF batteries are actually old even though I got them 2 months ago.

I paid $11.44 for two Duracell batteries. It's only $3 for two SF batteries.
Maybe the SF's were just a bad batch.

HS1

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The X200 features electronic regulation to get the best possible output from the batteries (even when they don't light up an incandescent lamp).

Whatever the issue was it seems clear you need to keep more batteries to hand.

Al
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The X200 features electronic regulation to get the best possible output from the batteries (even when they don't light up an incandescent lamp).

Whatever the issue was it seems clear you need to keep more batteries to hand.

Al

Ok. I wondered why the X200A would work w/the same batteries which failed in the X2-HA. Thanks.

I'll have to find a better source for SureFire batteries. Someone with fresh stock.

HS1
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top