Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/31/2005 9:12:15 PM EDT
If there was a pic posted I must have missed it.......I've only seen the one on thier website.

Anyone have one? Comments? I have one coming, so maybe I'll have to answer my own question.

Out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:23:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have them mounting both my Surefire light and LAS/TAC laser and I love them. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the set screws will dig into your light/laser if you don't wrap the area where the set screws make contact with the item. For my laser I cut a small piece of rubber inner tube and used loc tite super glue to secure the rubber to the area inside the mount where the set screws protrude. That worked very well. It even tigtened the fit so the screws didn't have to be so tight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks for the pics. I'll keep the set screw info in mind, but right now I'm not too worried about marring the "wally world wonderlight" AKA - Brinkman.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/315352/lights828.jpg

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/315352/lights831.jpg

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/315352/lights773.jpg

img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/315352/lights775.jpg

Great pics Calvin. On Saturday I put my X3HA in my Viking mount and put it on the top rail of my LaRue just like your pictures show. I don't have any pictures yet, but it looks promising.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a picture of my G2 in a viking mount..... I have since changed my set up.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Lancelot, that is one, nice, rig you got there
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:07:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. I like it.

I took a couple of quick pictures last night of the Pentagon X3HA in a Viking mount.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:41:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Ok Lancelot, you either have a freakishly long thumb or you desperately need a tapeswitch.

Grasp pistol grip with left hand.
Thumb forward, not wrapped around the VFG. (Like a thumbs forward grip on a pistol.)
Pull straight back on the VFG.
My thumb can reach the switch with that kind of grip.

It is a little high, but it does not interfere with the sling swivel and my thumb can lay along the 9-o-clock rail under the light.

I'm not sure its gonna stay this way. But for now its worth trying.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#11]

E2D with a little shrink wrap on it.... Reduces shock.........
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#12]
The Viking mount needs slotted thumbscrews.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1.

Or a nice throw lever would rock also!

Is this unit plastic? Just curious as I expect it is plastic. Doesn't make a difference to me though.

I'm waiting for delivery of my NIW VT mount. EE Dealer for $20 delivered.
I can't find my scope rings so I guess my Friday night room clearing drills are cancelled.

HS1

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:33:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

Or a nice throw lever would rock also!

Is this unit plastic? Just curious as I expect it is plastic. Doesn't make a difference to me though.

I'm waiting for delivery of my NIW VT mount. EE Dealer for $20 delivered.
I can't find my scope rings so I guess my Friday night room clearing drills are cancelled.

HS1

Yes it is plastic. I'm pretty sure the thing is made by Blade-Tech. At least they are a plastic making company and they sell it too. And they don't sell anything else not made by them.

Two long screws secure it to the rail, its actually a two piece mount. Then three screws go through the mount and tighten against the light body to hold it in place.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok....it's here.

Bad news for WWWL owners.....the HSLD rubber grip from the Brinkman won't fit. I cut it off and used some e-tape to make it fit right (and keep my high dollar Brinkman from getting marred from the set screws) I guess it's a good excuse to go Surefire.
It IS made of plastic polymer, and it might not say DD, or YHM, but it's solid and it puts the light EXACTLY where I wanted it.

Pardon the poor pics, but there can only be ONE Stickman.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top