Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2005 4:11:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I use an IR OTAL in my work as a contractor.  Its held up well, I like it and recommend it.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you talking about an actual OTAL made by Laser Devices, or a copy of an OTAL? I don't understand. If you are talking about a real OTAL, then it is definately not an airsoft toy, it is designed for an AR15.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Laser Devices OTAL I bought from Grant at http://www.gandrtactical.com and I assure you it is a quality made product.
It is the model with the ARMS base, and after zeroing my TA31F ACOG on the MRP, I was amazed to find that the laser was projecting it's spot about 2 inches to the left of the rifle zero at 100 yards before any adjustments to the elevation and windage knobs!

Now that is one quality made piece of hardware.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]
i dont know what SSA is for but mine is an LDI OTAL.

laser device inc.

which i got from grant at gandrtactical.com

very rugged and hasnt reared any problems
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 8:01:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#7]

REAL OTALs are not just for AR/M16s!
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have been looking around and seen some different lasers called SSA or OTAL's and they initialy look like AIRSOFT toys, however, I recently inspected a so called "OTAL" at the range it it looked pretty nice for the bucks. All aluminum, infared, good control layout and simple design, it was mounted firmly on a friends RAS. Now I dont throw my dollars around wildly, have owned a PAQ-4C and used both the PAQ-4C and the PEQ-2 in combat situations. Is there some obvious questions that arise. Is this thing quality? Will it operate reliably and is it a weapon grade laser. If you can help I would appreciate your input. Dont waste flaming folks who say they are happy with these. Just the facts please. Thanks a bunch.

JohnM at Home

Yes and hell yes.

There is also the DBAL if you are interested in a Visible+IR laser combo.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 5:58:16 AM EDT
[#9]
John, if the unit you are looking at is around $300, it is a copy made in hong kong. Real otal's run in the $1000 price range. I think the unit you are looking at on ebay is from the guy who imports the copies. He had one advertised here as well. Specifically ask where and by whom it is made. I have not tried this item, I was going to grab one on an auction at around $100 to try, but the price got bid up. I did talk to another guy wo was bidding on one who was getting a second, as he was happy with his first. IMHO, I would guess it is better than nothing and fairly functional, but a big step down from real production ones. Chris
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top