Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2005 11:20:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Surefire makes a barrel mount for the Mini-14 that uses the classic series light systems.
www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/carfnbr/271/sesent/00

Ray
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the same questions...I have a SOCOM16 that I recently got and this is the email I got from Surefire.  Good luck getting the gear.

It is the M14 and M10 mount. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to write back or call us at 1-800-828-8809. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.
SureFire Technical Support
1-800-828-8809
714-545-9444
714-545-9537 (Fax)

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I know this is probably not what you were looking for, BUT .... I had taken a GG&G UFIR from a previous project and mounted it on my Mini:

I had to do some creative relieving of material on the inside of the stock to get the nuts to recess enough to clear the inner heat shield.

Worked out great though, with perfect positioning of the light for activation.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I had the same questions...I have a SOCOM16 that I recently got and this is the email I got from Surefire.  Good luck getting the gear.

It is the M14 and M10 mount. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to write back or call us at 1-800-828-8809. We are dedicated to providing world-class customer service and welcome future inquiries or comments.
SureFire Technical Support
1-800-828-8809
714-545-9444
714-545-9537 (Fax)

You do realize that an M14 and M1A are completely different weapons than a Mini 14, right?
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
J_Money,
I do understand the differences in weapons.  However, I do see a common goal (mounting a light to a weapon not designed to accomodate rails and not modifying stock to accept them).  That said, the mounts that I suggested from Surefire will clamp to the barrel.  Look up my post, topic "Surefire Mount" from 2/15/2005 and you will see some pictures of the mount.  Basically, it just clamps around a barrel and provides a Weaver-style rail to clamp scope mounts or a light mount to.  Once that is done, your rifle becomes a platform that can accomodate a light, no stock modification required.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
J_Money,
I do understand the differences in weapons.  However, I do see a common goal (mounting a light to a weapon not designed to accomodate rails and not modifying stock to accept them).  That said, the mounts that I suggested from Surefire will clamp to the barrel.  Look up my post, topic "Surefire Mount" from 2/15/2005 and you will see some pictures of the mount.  Basically, it just clamps around a barrel and provides a Weaver-style rail to clamp scope mounts or a light mount to.  Once that is done, your rifle becomes a platform that can accomodate a light, no stock modification required.

Oh ok, sorry about the misunderstanding!
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top