Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2005 4:37:25 PM EDT
I was looking at pics of soldiers in Iraq. They have these little things on the top of their handguards just behind the FSB. What are they and are they available to us civvies?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about the locking clips on the Knights Armament rail covers If so the covers are available in various lengths and colors.If not can you post a pic
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Box lookin thing?  Peq-2?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe... I heard they were infrared something-or-others...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Did you ever consider the possibility that if you don't know what it is, you might not need it?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I think maybe you're talking about the visible laser mounted on the top handguard.Laser Devices makes several. I bought mine from Grant at G&R Tactical.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you ever consider the possibility that if you don't know what it is, you might not need it?

+1 and minus the smiley
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 and minus the smiley

Oh I know it's not a question of need. I don't need it. But, I want it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats the spirit ! if ya want it get it. how the hell do they know what you need or don't need.It's your business anyway.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Oh I know it's not a question of need. I don't need it. But, I want it.

Now that is the single most brilliant thing I've seen posted on this board in months!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#12]
"Hey spartan, whatcha got on the end of your rifle there?"

---"I dunno"

"You dunno, well whats it do?"

---"Umm I dunno"

"So, why'd you get it?"

---"Dunno that either"

"Well, it looks cool"

---"Yeah, I know"
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:37:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

---"I dunno"

---"Umm I dunno"

"So, why'd you get it?"

---"Dunno that either"

"Well, it looks cool"

---"Yeah, I know"

LOL

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:42:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Quoted:

---"I dunno"

---"Umm I dunno"

"So, why'd you get it?"

---"Dunno that either"

"Well, it looks cool"

---"Yeah, I know"

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:49:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmmmm now I'm starting to understand uber tactical.

Repeat after me... I have to much money and no clue.   I need to get laid rather than play airsoft.

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Dunno.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#17]
LOL that's funny stuff! Oh well, I suppose I had it coming!

I heard they were infra red pointers. Basically a laser sight but with infra red light. I wanted to know they are named. I know what it does, I want to know what they are called. I am building an M4gery and would like a look alike for aesthetic purposes.

Also, for the record, I hate airsoft. Paintball is king!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
and would like a look alike for aesthetic purposes.

Also, for the record, I hate airsoft.

How can you hate airsoft when you just quoted every toy tard's motto?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#20]
This is almost like saying I want the Hummer body kit for my Jeep, for look alike purposes...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
and would like a look alike for aesthetic purposes.

Also, for the record, I hate airsoft.

How can you hate airsoft when you just quoted every toy tard's motto?

Umm because my rifle shoots real bullets and not some 6mm plastic ball? I just like the way they look. i wanted to know what they are called. i don't even know how much they are. If cheap enough, hells yes, I'll get one! If too damn expensive, oh well.

Jeez, tough crowd...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:33:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I am building an M4gery and would like a look alike for aesthetic purposes.

CLICK HERE for everything you need for your look-alike.  It comes complete with a fake AN/PEQ-2A TPIAL "little thing on top of the handguard just behind the FSB" that is designed to hold the airsoft rifle battery.

-Randy

ETA: CLICK HERE for SMGLee's thread on the real deal.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am building an M4gery and would like a look alike for aesthetic purposes.

CLICK HERE for everything you need for your look-alike.  It comes complete with a fake AN/PEQ-2A TPIAL "little thing on top of the handguard just behind the FSB" that is designed to hold the airsoft rifle battery.

-Randy

ETA: CLICK HERE for SMGLee's thread on the real deal.

Exactly what i was looking for. thanks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#24]
did anyone ever tell him what it was? why do people have to be so preachy on here. Most chumps on this  board only own an AR becasue of they way they look. Quit being elitists, and help a guy out. sheesh.

**edit** thank you double_r76 for being helpfull.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:02:16 AM EDT
[#25]
It is an infrared laser pointer. You need night vision to the the bouncing ball.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
LOL that's funny stuff! Oh well, I suppose I had it coming!

No- maybe you had a little razzing coming but not a bunch of jerks pig-piling on to tell you what a turd you are.  ev01 has it right- too many preachy dicks just trolling around looking for drama or a flame war, instead of ar15 discussion .
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#27]
there is a civie version called a  otal for around 400  thats red or visable  but  that make you visable as well  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I heard they were infra red pointers. Basically a laser sight but with infra red light. I wanted to know they are named. I know what it does, I want to know what they are called. I am building an M4gery and would like a look alike for aesthetic purposes.

Ya gawna make it all purty so as somebody will ask ya to th' prom?

Seriously though, might I offer a few things to consider before you spend your hard money?
- Do you want to put something on your rifle that will do nothing to enhance its capabilties but will enhance its weight?
- However much a clone costs, consider all the other things you could purchase that would enhance your rifle. At the very least, you could buy more ammo and shot more often.
- I don't know how long you've been shooting (at least ARs) but I would bet that if you're new to the AR world, you will regret spending money on just "gussying her up".

Finally, we all like cool looking ARs, however subjective the term "cool" maybe. But, many of us snicker behind the backs (or right in the faces) of those that purchase gear for "aesthetic purposes". I'm sure you would agree that firearms are not toys so why would you want tassles hanging from the handlebars and a shiny bell on it?

Again, just a few things to ponder before you let your hard earned cash wander.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#29]
It's not a laser, it's compact binoculars.  

they are used when your looking down your barrel to see if it's loaded, and all of a sudden, see something moving in the distance...  you don't have to turn your weapon around to look through the scope.  you just raise your head a little and look through the 2 eye holes.  

make sure you turn the binos on before looking through them...

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

they are used when your looking down your barrel to see if it's loaded, and all of a sudden, see something moving in the distance...  you don't have to turn your weapon around to look through the scope.  you just raise your head a little and look through the 2 eye holes.  

Now, that's just uncalled for. You wearing a condom? Because if you're gonna act like a dick you might as well dress like one, too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Must be too many cops or Renta-cops on here. They are always arrogant and think they know everything. Thats why cops get no respect. ANd they get real mad if you say something and they can't retaliate with anything more than words. Because w/ a badge they think they can say whatever they want.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Must be too many cops or Renta-cops on here. They are always arrogant and think they know everything. Thats why cops get no respect. ANd they get real mad if you say something and they can't retaliate with anything more than words. Because w/ a badge they think they can say whatever they want.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Nice 2nd post.  Your first was a doozie too:

Quoted:

"Yes people need to learn to have more "People" skills on this board."

You're going to do really well here
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now, that's just uncalled for. You wearing a condom? Because if you're gonna act like a dick you might as well dress like one, too.

I like this guy
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Interesting how this can go off track and turn into a cop bashing thread so fast.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Not going off track, this happens on a lot of posts here. Its just seems to be a LOT of hotheads on here so I figure they sound lik cops, act like cops, must be cops or wannabees.  A lot of other AR boards are so friendly. Just reasonable deduction. Many Cops are power hungry and if you talk back they will find something to charge you with (either sooner or later) to Win. Here they are restricted to words and that would irritate them to the point of Flaming Off at the mouth.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:05:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Not going off track, this happens on a lot of posts here. Its just seems to be a LOT of hotheads on here so I figure they sound lik cops, act like cops, must be cops or wannabees.  A lot of other AR boards are so friendly. Just reasonable deduction. Many Cops are power hungry and if you talk back they will find something to charge you with (either sooner or later) to Win. Here they are restricted to words and that would irritate them to the point of Flaming Off at the mouth.

Peace Out

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[sarcasm]I don't know what it is but if the Military use it I must have 1![sarcasm]

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Not going off track, this happens on a lot of posts here.

And you are an expert having joined this month and having posted 6 times. Why don't you go back to the "friendly" AR forums and stop wasting your time here??
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:44:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#43]
ranting
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top