Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2005 8:03:29 AM EDT
I used to buy all of my lighting stuff from Sableco, but it looks like they're defunct. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Could always order right from Surefire. I know that they are probably higher in $$$, but if no other vendors have them.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I buy all of my Surefire gear from Grant at G&R Tactical

Call or e-mail Grant to be sure, but according to his site it looks like he has an M500A with your red LEDs in stock. Grant will give you excellent service and extremely competitive prices.

[email protected]

The M500 is my personal favorite. Both of these M500s (along with the optics, mounts, and other gear) came from Grant:

Link Posted: 2/27/2005 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
i actually got 1 off ebay a while ago for $200.

if you go new, i think grant is the way to go.  anything he had in stock, got to me quickly.
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 1:36:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, fellas! That's exactly the information I needed.   ;)

BTW, here's the "baby" I put together a few years back (pre-ban Colt lower, Bushmaster upper).

CJan_NH: Which handgrip is that your two weapons are sporting? Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/28/2005 5:04:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Those are Hogue grips XTrooper. They work great for both right and left hand shooting, and cost around $20.00.

Nice rig, by the way! I like your Aimpoint setup.
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the compliment and the info.
Link Posted: 2/28/2005 8:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I got my stuff from brightflashlights.com
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 12:52:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Are you sure that's the web addy? I'm not getting anything for brightflashlights.com with or without the www.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure that's the web addy? I'm not getting anything for brightflashlights.com with or without the www.  

Brightflashlights doesn't have a website up and running yet.  Check under the industry forums to find his contact info.
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 4:38:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Brightflashlights doesn't have a website up and running yet.  Check under the industry forums to find his contact info.

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I e-mailed brightflashlights for a price so we'll see what happens.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Calvin from brightlights got back to me with a super price on the M500A. SOLD! Thanks for the heads up, speedjunkie and AR_Shorty!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 7:59:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Calvin is great, always a quick answer and good price........X do you drive a Vette?????  (bill vett C.F)
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Calvin is great, always a quick answer and good price........X do you drive a Vette?????  (bill vett C.F)

Oh yes. I'm XTrooper on the Corvetteforum as well.  ;)

http://userweb.intergrafix.net/sps3936/
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll have to get my calculator out and get back to you on that one, Calvin.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#17]
389rwhp/368rwtq [email protected] !!!!!!!!! And you car is great looking.  Looks like we old guys like to make a lot of noise.. Will we see you at E-Town this summer for the Challenge??? Black guns and Corvettes!!! Life is great and retirement is even better!!!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 12:06:22 AM EDT
[#18]
A coworker of mine has a LNIB M500A with the red led nav lights that he wants to get rid of for $375.   If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll see if he's willing to sell over the net.  I tried to point him to this website to sell it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 1:44:54 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd love to run in the Challenge, Bill, but because of my ETs (which, btw, should be in the 11s soon) and the fact that my car is a convertible, I can't run at Etown without a rollbar. This is an NHRA reg that is overlooked at some drag strips, but Englishtown is pretty strict about it.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 2:50:44 AM EDT
[#20]
CJan_NH: I forgot to mention this earlier, but you have two sweet-looking rigs there!  
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 3:33:59 AM EDT
[#21]
It wouldn't take too many of the Surefire Beast's to trade even up for that Vette
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 5:16:48 AM EDT
[#22]
do we see a hard top in the future
Link Posted: 3/3/2005 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
do we see a hard top in the future

That would be the right way to go as I've no interest in adding a rollbar/roll cage to the car.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 6:38:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I got the M500A-RD delivered from Brightflashlights.com yesterday and mounted it. Because of the gooseneck mounting setup I have and because of the larger diameter of the Surefire forearm, I had some contact between the sight mount and the upper forearm piece. I remedied this with about 15 minutes of careful work with my Dremel tool. I can now slide a sheet of paper between mount and forearm so all contact between them has been eliminated. Just a heads up for those of you out there with a similar gooseneck mount on your A2; if you don't want to do a bit of surgery on your brand-new M500A, then you'll need to change your mounting system. Part of the upper half of the Surefire forearm is damn ugly now (I used a small grinding wheel to make a "trough" along the top of the forearm for the mount to ride in), but it's also completely hidden by the mount. Actually, I think it's kind of neat-looking because the forward portion of the sight mount is so close, riding in its groove as it is, that it looks like it's all one piece with the forearm.    

Here's some pics of the carbine sporting its new weaponlight.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top