Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 1:46:50 PM EDT
There is another thread below that suggests the M3 does not take recoil as well as other lights.  Has anyone had a chance to subject the M3X to recoil? It is supposed to have better "shock supression" and it's brighter, too.

I am interested in mounting a compact light on a TDI Arms bayonet lug rail adapter or at 12:00 ahead of the front sight with a Surefire M14 mount.

Is a remote switch available for the X200 yet?  I'd rather have one of those than an M3 or M3X
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll bet the X200 takes recoil pretty good.  LED and all....no filiment to break.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:19:55 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are using the X200 on a handgun, loc-tite the screws gown when you get your setting, as the rails will work loose under recoil.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea, I love those Luxeon Stars!  I've got an ARC LSH-P I carry in the coin pocket of my jeans every day.  I've also got a Surefire E2O with a KL1 head.  I think an E2 with a KL4 would work fine as a weapon light (poor man's Scout Light).  I understand Bright Flashlights has rings and spacers.

The M-series and X200 are attractive because I could use one light for a Glock and an AR15.

By the way, has anyone checked out TDI Arms Bauonet Rail Adapter?  It fits on the bayonet lug of an AR15/M16.  Seems like an easy way to mount and dismount a light if you didn't want to leave it on the weapon all the time...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Both are good products...Check out gg&g arizona for a rail mount on the front site. For either surefire or streamlight light or any thing you want to add..It's a nice mount..And wont covert your gun to much at all plus gives ya a option to mount the sling on the side of the  front site..I Think I paid 40 bucks for this setup..
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I've also entertained te notion of mounting a M3X, X200 or another compact, light weight weapon  light on a Surefire M14 barrel mount at 12:00 ahead of the front sight.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I have M3 and M3x lights. They have all been fired on Bushy, Rem 870 (full house slugs and buck), and Glock 9mm and .45 ACP. The only problem that I ever had was w/one of the M3s. The bezel kept loosening up, fixed that by putting teflon tape on the threads--no problems since. If I recall, Insight strongly advises against using any kind of loctite.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top