Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 2:39:21 PM EDT
I just learned they went out of business.  Bummer, they made great LED lights the AAA, AA, and LS are great and were made in the USA to.  Anyone know what the heck happened? Was it the lawsuit by Mag-light or was the ARC4 just a huge flop?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Peter Gransee has an ARC forum over and www.candlepowerforums.com.  He lists his reasons for shutting down over there.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a real mess and a shame what happened to Arc. If you want to find out far more than you need to know then the CPF Underground is the place to waste some your time on this...

(Just my humble opinion)

Al
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#4]
arc lost designer and engineers- new lites being made by HDS sysems- i belive they called the lites "EDC"
now and they are way cooler-

look forward to seing some around the first of the year
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, www.peakledsolutions.com/ is making look-alikes for the Arc AA and AAA.
HDS is at www.hdssystems.com/.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Peter Gransee has an ARC forum over and www.candlepowerforums.com.  He lists his reasons for shutting down over there.

I did a search and was unable to find that thread. Do you have a link by any chance?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#7]
If you join CFPunderground, you can read all about it.

The Forums at cfpu

I tell you, those people are even bigger geeks than internet gunnuts.

Pretty sordid tale.  

Too bad about the company- I love my Arc-AAA.  Glad I bought *several* when I had a chance.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey, I resent that!  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Trust me, I'm a geek too, but they take it toa new level.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Trust me, I'm a geek too, but they take it toa new level.

Yep, the word loser comes to mind.

Peter was into people for several thouand dollars and continued to accept money when the ship was sinking.  Last I heard he was going to face fraud charges.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
What killed me was that insane Marijane Stinebaugh lady- she stole $29,000 from the guy while working for him, and then all but bragged about it on the forum, saying "yep, I'm fucked him".  What a class act.

WTF???  

Cool little flashlights, though...
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top