Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2004 1:52:12 PM EDT
Need some ideas.  I am trying to slim down my carbine.  My set up is a mi-length RRA carbine with Daniel's Defense 9.0 Rail and an Eo-Tech co-witness sight system.

I am currently running a Tangodown VFG.  My 962C is at 3 o'clock.  I am using a clicker thumb switch.  I would like to explore the idea of eliminating the VFG.  Most of the time the weapon is slung across my chest, (CQB Solutions 3 point sling), while I handle a tracking dog and the VFG bangs against my leg.  

My only idea is to go to a tape switch  and mount it in a Tangodown rail cover.  Any better ideas?  I want to adhere to the KISS principle as much as possible, the tape switch worries me a little, i.e. becoming snagged in the brush.   Thanks, dg.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If you weren't running a 3 point I would say put it at the 9 oclock and use your thumb.  That will knock your knee sometimes to though.  Or you could sell your light and handguards for a Surefire M500 setup.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Mavrick-

I have been fooling around with the light at 9 o'clock and it ain't all bad...

I also did some re-arranging on my VFG and sling adjustments.   It's not as bad as it was...   thanks, dg
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I mount my 96c at 3oclock and use it as momentary with my weak hand knuckle.  For constant on I use my weak hand thumb by reaching under the forend real quick.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top