Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 10:54:26 PM EDT
Question.  Are all the different rails on all the handguns that different?  I have a surefire for a glock and am looking to mount it to my AR.  I haven't purchased a mount for the AR yet.  Which rail mount will attach to a standard picatinny (sp?) rail? Why are there so many different variations on weapon lights, would it be too easy to make all rail systems standard?  Just a thougt.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:38:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Also, what would be a good front sight mount?  Thanks in advance!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:36:43 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be useful to know which SureFire handgun WeaponLight you have.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:12:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, I meant to mention that.  I have the M101
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#4]
The SureFire M101 requires a rail adapter to be bolted to the trigger guard of the handgun.
(The Millennium Series Handgun WeaponLight  is pretty heavy at 294g I believe) so the adapter is required for the Glock Handgun.

Anyway, the interface between the rail adapter and the WeaponLight is such that the WeaponLight will not attach to universal (Glock) rails directly unless you remove the "lug" that sticks out from the bar (if that makes sense?) email me for a photo if you like (size15s(at)ntlworld(dot)com)

I've seen a Nitrolon Handgun WeaponLight (model P001) attached to a rifle rail before. I will see if I can find the photo.

Al

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#6]
BrightFlashlights,

Thanks for the photo.
Was I right about the little bit of work required?
Also, do you think the fore & aft movement is due to the design being for a universal rail rather than a picatinny. (I notice that the X200A Latch for Picatinny Rails has a thicker "interface" compared to the Universal Latch)

It would be great to see the modification made, and also, whether a short length of "universal" rail is available to "bolt" onto a rifle.

Thanks

Al
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.  Y'all know anything about the TDI side by side (front sight mount?)  Same trouble with the mounting of the M101?  Thanks again for your expertise.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top