Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 5:39:41 AM EDT
What side of your rifle do you mount your light on and why? I dont think it realy matters in the long run but was just curious.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:17:34 AM EDT
[#1]
FWIW I put mine on right side (3 o'clock) so it won't take any peripheral vision away as it would if it was in front of my nose.  I am right handed.

Debo
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
As a righty, it is on my 3 o'clock because

1. Shooting around corners my light will be useful without exposing myself additionally.
2. Mounting on 6 o'clock interfers with shooting over cover and being able to rest your rifle on sandbags ect.
3. When carrying with sling, it will not rub against your body.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine's on the right side (3 o'clock). Since I use a clickie tailcap, the switch is right there at my thumb when using the VFG.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:44:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Left side.   For support hand activation of the button.

I dont' trust wires.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:57:44 AM EDT
[#5]
If the light obstructs your view it is a problem. Most of the quality optical sights are designed to be used with both eyes open, and if you are a righty and you have your light mounted on the left, its gonna obstruct your view somewhat.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top