Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2004 5:15:49 AM EDT
Anyone have an OTAL or any other laser on their AR and picturs of it mounted?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Im seriously considering picking one of these up just for fun.

All I gotta do is find some money layin around...
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I just bought one yesterday and am waiting for it to get here. I am trying to figure out how I want to mount it because I have a surefire M951 mounted on the right side of my rifle and the screw mount looks like it will be in the way. I guess I can just move the flashlight back but I like it being forward.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:59:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking laser.  I have a $50 laser pointer with the same power <5mW and a wavelength of 630-380nM.  So am I paying the extra $450 for the case and mount...or is there an actual difference in performance?  The pointer I have would suck for any day time use.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:17:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont think a pointer is going to do the job a dedicated laser will, kinda like the difference of taping a maglight to your rifle vs. useing a dedicated weapons light. The OTAL is sturdy, I wouldnt even begin to know how it comes apart. It is also water proof and just rock solid. This was one of the best purchases I have made in a long time.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
DM1975,

Did you have to move your M951 back? I have the same setup, looks pretty far forward...  Did you get the ARMS mount or the thumb screw mount?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the M961 on there and yes I did have to move it back. Both the OTAL and the M961 have thumbscrew mounts, I dont trust throw levers. I have a click on tail cap on the light and can still actuate it with my hand on the pistol grip with it mounted back like it is, I do have big hands though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I dont think a pointer is going to do the job a dedicated laser will, kinda like the difference of taping a maglight to your rifle vs. useing a dedicated weapons light. The OTAL is sturdy, I wouldnt even begin to know how it comes apart. It is also water proof and just rock solid. This was one of the best purchases I have made in a long time.

www.stephenmorrow.com/laser4.jpg

I did not intend to mount a laser pointer on a firearm.  I was merely, trying to compare laser performance.  Is the 5mw laser sight a more intense beam than a 5mw laser pointer ?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Dont know, I never had a 5mw laser pointer before but I can stand at my porch at twilight and shine it across my parking lot, and access road, a freeway, and to the trees on the other side and I can see it without any problem, thats over 300 meters away. If I turn it on at night when all the lights are out it makes everything in the room glow red, make no mistake it is powerful.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Well, it looks like an airsoft toy that is dressed with real gun accessories.

Big spending airsoft lover!

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/398_1093804462_pc090909.jpg

Well, it looks like an airsoft toy that is dressed with real gun accessories.

Big spending airsoft lover!

HKG=Hong Kong.
Looks like our buddy tried to pull a fast one on us!

I'm willing to bet the squares on my checkered shirt that is a real Surefire M900 and a Real Aimpoint too.
I mean, I do feel there pain, but posting fake-ass Airsoft on ARFCOM
is well, quite Wack.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#14]
If I couldn't have the real thing then I would have the closest thing also, thats why I had a fixed collapsable stock on my AR up until tomorrow... But yes, I do kinda agree with you...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If I couldn't have the real thing then I would have the closest thing also, thats why I had a fixed collapsable stock on my AR up until tomorrow... But yes, I do kinda agree with you...

Oh please belieeeeve,
if I lived in Hong Kong, I too, would have my Airsoft  so very, "maxed-out"
But I don't think I could stand up as to the shame of putting my pics on a real gunsite!

BTW-I have the fake-ass telestocks on my M4geries as well! But not for long!
"The dishes are done Maaann!"

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#16]
My buttstock wrench is waiting for Monday to get here. Hell, I am going to take it all to work with me and do it there
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
My buttstock wrench is waiting for Monday to get here. Hell, I am going to take it all to work with me and do it there

I feel you, I've got a VLTOR and two RRA 6 POS M4 stocks waiting for the minute the clock strikes 12,
..,...I'm not sure how my fellow Caterers would react if I reached under the Bar table, grabbed an M4, installed
a telestock, then popped up and started serving drinks with a smile like nobodys business
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:36:23 AM EDT
[#18]
My situation is a bit different, if it were not for me being in a combat life savers class tomorrow I would probably be cleaning weapons anyway, no one would even notice where I work
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:44:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My situation is a bit different, if it were not for me being in a combat life savers class tomorrow I would probably be cleaning weapons anyway, no one would even notice where I work

Have fun bleeding!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I dont mind getting stuck... I am always the one to volunteer for our medics to practice on... I hate CLS though... even when I was a cop I hated being even CPR certified. Always said I was a combat life taker not a combat life saver
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:39:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I dont mind getting stuck... I am always the one to volunteer for our medics to practice on... I hate CLS though... even when I was a cop I hated being even CPR certified. Always said I was a combat life taker not a combat life saver

My last recert, 7 months ago, my entire inside of my forearm turned PURPLE from the a-hole I was partnered with tearing up my vein.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Well, it looks like an airsoft toy!

I was wondering why the photo was blurry.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#23]
OTAL Group Buy here

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Hunt101 finally came back online so here is some OTAL pics...

Special thanks to C4iGrant who made it all happen.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:08:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top