Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2004 11:53:35 AM EDT

Anyone know anything about this AN/PAC-4C made in Hong Kong?

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40970&item=3695700286&rd=1

Is there any way to tell this type of unit apart from an American made one?

Thanks,
Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#1]
That sight appears to be simply this one: http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=GP-LS-PAQ4_srch_paq with an IR Laser diode replaceing the red laser diode that comes in it stock (and a real steel mount / hard case)

I know that the people who have purchased the above laser sight have a lot of problems with it keeping zero, and ocasionally the electronics just plainly refuse to work.  It certainly does look the part though if that's what your going for.

Also, depending on how well the person did the mod, it could be reliable, or just plain crap.  Not sure i'd want to risk it though.

Edit: the fact that the seller is keeping bidder's ID's a secret also has me a wee bit worried, as he may be doing that to prevent others from making the buyer aware that he/she is purchaseing an airsoft sight.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Scout,
Thanks for the information.  Let me ask this, how can I tell a real one from a fake one then?

Regards,
Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I beleive the switch looks a little different (the remote switch that is, see this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36071&item=2264819050&rd=1 )
plus if the price is around 2-3 thousand It better damn well be the real thing, hehe.

I was trying to find laser output characteristics of the AN/Pac but i couldn't find any, so other than the tape switch/price that's all i can think of that you'd be able to tell of in a photo.

Edit: Also, if your really interested in purchasing a cheap IR laser that looks like an AN/Pac I could see about making one for you for the price of the airsoft laser and a IR laser diode (~160ish would be my guess).
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a real one for sale on the EE board

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=220836&page=1

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Definately airsoft.  It has a phono plug to attach the tape switch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]
this airsoft paq4 wavelength is stated as 805 nm , the real deal paq4c is 830nm. also pretty funny how the add states that real paq4c's are illegal and are stollen! before insight changed their pollicy they sold for $1000 on the open market.  this ebay seller dosen't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
this airsoft paq4 wavelength is stated as 805 nm , the real deal paq4c is 830nm. also pretty funny how the add states that real paq4c's are illegal and are stollen! before insight changed their pollicy they sold for $1000 on the open market.  this ebay seller dosen't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Agreed,  I actually wrote that guy and told him that his thinking was out of line to say the least along with the DOD knocking on ones door.  Crafty selling pitch I guess to the unaware.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top