Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 6:42:50 PM EDT
Has anyone had any experience with their lights?  I'm a Surefire junkie but I'm willing to stray if the product is good.  While LDI lights don't have the Surefire's kewl factor, they are definitely cheaper though....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll let you know, I am expecting my Op9 to arrive any time now.
Will be mounting it to my Benelli Nova Tactical pump.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Madecov, what  made you chose LDI?  Price I presume?  And please keep us posted on your impressions!
New-arguy, would you happen to know Hawkeye's email?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Grant, can the LD lights be had with a pressure pad and push button on the same unit (I've seen SF with this configuration)?  I'm asking b/c I would also like to get a LD laser and want to be able to manipulate both light and laser without having to change my grip.  I am also thinking about using a foregrip so I was planning on having the laser pressure switch on the grip and maybe a thumb activated switch for the light.  I have never used anything but pressure pads so this will be new to me.  Are thumb switches comfortable and easily sustained under continuous fire?  BTW I will most likely be mounting both on a Predator rail system for my M4.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, unfortunatly mine's out there in Limbo. It was shipped about 12 days ago by USPS priority and I still have not received it yet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Grant, can the LD lights be had with a pressure pad and push button on the same unit (I've seen SF with this configuration)?  I'm asking b/c I would also like to get a LD laser and want to be able to manipulate both light and laser without having to change my grip.  I am also thinking about using a foregrip so I was planning on having the laser pressure switch on the grip and maybe a thumb activated switch for the light.  I have never used anything but pressure pads so this will be new to me.  Are thumb switches comfortable and easily sustained under continuous fire?  BTW I will most likely be mounting both on a Predator rail system for my M4.  

No, but they do have a presure pad and a toggle switch combo, I believe.  A little diffeerent than what you are used to, but the effect is the same.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:49:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone have photos of the LD pushbutton tailcap?  Also, I'm interested in seeing the barrel mount for the OP series lights (if there is one).  This would be for a carbine with M4 handgaurds, and I'd like to use a barrel mount under the FSB, similar to SF's Classic Weaponlight setup.  Mounting on the handgaurd is not an option for me, as this carbine has to fit into a vehicle gun lock.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Grant
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:16:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I cant say about the LDI lights as I have all surefire lights but I own a LDI OTAL and feel it to be one of the best constructed lasers I have ever seen. I would not hesitate to buy anything they make. That being said, I love my surefire M961 and M951 and would not use any other light if had the choice.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#13]
I have one of the LDI lights (finally arrived) I'm very pleased with it. Price is very right also.
Mine's mounted on my duty shotgun ( we can't carry long guns ) .
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top