Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2004 12:35:22 PM EDT
I'm going to be taking a class next month in which mounted lights are recommended.  I'm hoping to get a rail system in time to fit and rezero my rifle.  However, my back up rifle will not have such a system (due to time and expense).  So, is there a way to mount a Surefire 6P to a .223 carbine that doesn't require a rail or copious amounts of duct tape?  Also, is there a pressure switch/cable replacement for the 6P butt cap?
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If you must have 2 lights, get 2 M500 series SureFire lights.

Probably cheaper than a rail, an M900, and however much duct tape you need to put a 6P on the second rifle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#2]
www.litemounttech.com/

Great folks to deal with on mounts.
I use the mounts for my shotguns and have them to be rock steady and secure.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
gg&g slic

I like this.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:49:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Buzz. It's underdog from the LF forum.

I have used the Streamlight M3 mount and a cheap scope ring in the past. You can either mount it thru the vent holes on the standard forearm or drill holes in the forearm and mount it at the 2 o'clock position.

If you mount it underneath you can just bump the standard 6p tailswitch while holding the forearm to turn the light on.

here's a pic.

I have one I'll let you have for 12 bucks shipped or 10 bucks if you come and get it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#5]
If he doesnt need or want that mount..Ill take it for $12 shipped...?? thx
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate the help.  Let me know where/when you'd like to get together.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Cheapest way I've seen was to use Zip Ties (or pipe clamps) and mount the light to the front sight assembly at the 10:00 position.  (A guy acually used this at a class - crude but it worked).

Another option is to get a $5 1" scope ring from your local sporting goods store, and either use the Streamlight Mount ($20 and puts the light at the 6:00 position) or the $30 'Snap On' mount that puts the light at either 3:00 or 9:00
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top