Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 8:42:34 AM EDT
I've been thinking about purchasing a SF Z2 or SF G2Z (either seems fine to me) for CCW use and to use at work (need a better light to do room searches with).  My question is, does that little o-ring make it awkward to use as a conventional light?  Is this light better off just being used as combat light.  I've never handled one of these, so that's why I'm asking.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually holding it, the CombatGrip gives me more variety of grips and more secure grips - I prefer it.

The downside is that the CombatGrip lights don't fit as easily in some pouches so if that could be an issue, best to ask more questions regarding your carry options.

With regards to the Z2 or G2Z - I'd get the G2Z without a doubt. It's really tough, less weight, and I find Nitrolon to be more secure to grip then the Aluminium unless it has knurling like the E2e.

Al

Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if Bianchi makes a pouch for this particular light in order to match my Bianchi Accumold belt?  I have the synthetic/nylon belt.  And what about a Kydex pouch/holster for concealed  carry work?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
For off duty and personal work I carry the E2E. It's smaller than the 6P based lights with the same output 65 lumens. The newer E2D adds a strike bezel and a click on/off tailcap. This not only gives you the light you need but gives you an alternate step in the use of force ladder (I hate describing it as a ladder, more like a clock). Just something to think about.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the feedback.  Are you in corrections, CellBlock?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top