Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/23/2004 4:49:13 PM EDT
I have a surefire 951.
1. Is there really any advantage to the surfire brand batteries.
2. In your opinion what is the best, if any, alternatives?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out BatteryStation.  I have been very happy with their batteries.  They seem to work as well as SureFire batteries.  Check out CandlePowerForums for more information.
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
You can buy genuine Surefire batteries for $15.00 per 12 ($1.25 each) directly from Surefire HERE

They seem to last a little longer for me than Duracell brand batteries.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#5]
botach has a deal going on Sanyo batteries. $1.00 each, shipping included.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#6]
The batteries direct from Surefire were the best price I could find at 12 for $15 , they come out to $1.66 a piece after the $4.99 shipping is added .But now that I have looked at the BOTAC sight I think I will be giving the Sanyo batteries a try . Either one beats Walmarts price of $6 or $7 each for Energizer or Duracell.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2004 7:30:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Sanyo batteries work, but they are far from ideal. If you could get them for cheap, maybe I would use them for a class or something else like practice with your light. But to be honest, the cost difference is so small I doubt I would use anything other than the SF batteries.

Compared to the Sanyo's the SF batteires put out a whiter light, for longer. I have not done extensive testing but I have been using Surefires since long before they had their own batteries. Back then all I would use is Duracells and Energizers. Both are good batteries (with Duracell getting the edge). Aside from those two brands, I have not found another brand 123a worth a crap.

Between the SF, Duracell and Energizer, I found the SF's to make the biggest difference in 3 battery or bigger lights. With these larger, more power hungry and demanding lights, the SF batteries gave a whiter light and longer life. In the 2 battery and smaller lights, I didnt notice much of a difference between the 3 brands.

With SF battery prices being so low, I havent found a reason to get a different battery.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I'm going to stick with Surefire anys after figuring out that since my 6P uses two batteries I will be stuck with one good battery I can't use when I get to the end of the box . Its like buying a package of ten hotdogs and a package of eight hotdog buns it just doesn't make sense .
 The only problem with buying a specific brand is you never really know if you could have saved money and had just as good a product . I used to drive for the company that hauled Duracell batteries and found they put other company names on thier batteries all day long . Riteaid was one of the names I saw and right before  I left that company I was told that Duracell had got the contract for Walmart batteries . I'm not saying they make Surefire batteries but someone does and I'd bet they make others to .
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
First off, where can you find 123A batteries for $1.25 apiece???? I am always looking for cheaper batteries that out perform SF's and haven't found any yet. The SF batteries usually last 10-20 minutes longer...

C4

Here: www.strategosstore.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=597&1=598&2=-1

I am not saying they will outperform SF's, but in our own testing they will go toe-to-toe.
Sold a few thousand so far. We have had zero complaints to date.  

These batteries have not been out long enough to log any failures, but like anything man made they will come.  Hopefully in very small quantities.

Additionally some folks on Candlepowerforums are testing heavily, so we will get them to wiegh in as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks I already ordered from Surefire but I don't order just for myself . Friends at work need them to so I usually get an order together every other month or so , I've bookmarked the page and will give them a try next time I need to order . Any idea what shipping will be to Florida since that figures in to the cost of each battery ?
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#12]
The best thing to do is call our new products toll free number and and talk to Lance or Tracy.
Business hours CST.

I really do not handle the ordering process anymore...That is a good thing!

Easy to remember: 1-888-GEAR-ZONE (888-432-7966).  
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll keep the number handy . Since I got my Surefire 6P I've gotten a few others I work with interested in them and a source for reliable batteries at a decent price is good .
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:49:50 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Thanks I already ordered from Surefire but I don't order just for myself . Friends at work need them to so I usually get an order together every other month or so , I've bookmarked the page and will give them a try next time I need to order . Any idea what shipping will be to Florida since that figures in to the cost of each battery ?

Buy from BrightFlashlights here on the board.
He is located down in florida.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:46:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 11:21:17 PM EDT
[#17]
www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=52

$54.95 for 50, buy two packs and shipping is free.

That's cheap.  
< but on Ebay they go for $50 for 50 on occaision.

www.amondotech.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=490

These sound great but they are twice the price unless you buy 1000 @$1.10 each (with 2% discharge per year that should mean you will have 50% power in 25years).  
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
buy 1000 @$1.10 each

Mmmm.  Do I smell a group buy in the fixings?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#19]
The Amondotech batts work just fine, and at that price you can actually afford to use you surefire.

Ak Mike are you thinking Group buy?

IPSC_GUY
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top