Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2003 8:30:32 AM EDT
From what I see there are two major differences in laser bore sighters, one loads in to the chamber and one loads in to the muzzle. which one's the best?    
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I would hope that it's the one that loads into the muzle. The one that loads into the chamber just got me onto paper at 50yds. ( expected more )
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a cheap chinese one that fits in the bore.  I don't like using it on a good bbl, because it has to be a tight fit to work properly.  In order to make sure the laser axis is aligned with the bore insert, you have to rotate the insert (and laser) in the bore while it is tight.  This will probably cause some damage to the bore.

It is good enough to get me on paper at 100 yds.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
OK Thanks guys,

I'm looking at the Boresighters in the Cabelas catalog. Does anyone Know which one of those is the best?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a laser boresighter that fits into the chamber.  It’s made by ALPEC, and I purchased it from Brownells.   My experience is similar to that of KZ45, it got me on paper at 25yrds, but was not as exact as I expected.  It is instructive to play with the scope’s controls while having the boresighter turned on, as you can see if the scope/controls track vertically and horizontally as they should.

My laser is not very bright, so I had to use the boresighter indoors.  Lastly, it did not work well with my Aimpoint , as the scope attenuated the laser dot to the point that I could barely see it.  It worked fine with my ACOG and Leo.  Overall it’s a nice device to have available, although once the scope is mounted it doesn’t get used (except by everyone who now borrows mine).
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top