Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/16/2003 9:40:25 PM EDT
I remember this comeing up before and that someone had a solution to fix it. I got one and want to fix it. I tried smacking it on the phone book trick (that worked on my buddies) but it did nothing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:19:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, the "smack the living crap out of it" trick usually works. IIRC, PK said it was the only real solution. Maybe someone else will know?

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats the "gap" problem?

Thanks

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I was a little nervous about the "smack the crap out of it" approach with a new light, so I opted for a kinder & gentler solution. I just used a woodworking bar clamp with rubber pads to s-l-o-w-l-y squeeze the two halves together, then tapped the delta ring forward with a rawhide mallet to keep them together. Worked OK for me....YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used the "smack the crap out of it" method several times with good results. Use a rubber mallet, and don't do it with the lamp module installed. Weird, but it works! And it's the method recommended by Surefire (via telephone).
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay I'll just wack the crap out of it. If it breaks then I'll rat you guys out to my boss.

[:P]

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I just wasn't smacking it hard enough. Got it with the mallet. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:56:27 AM EDT
[#7]
[:D]

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the gap problem with the M500?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What is the gap problem with the M500?
View Quote

The first time you install a new set, there is a gap between the halves at the rear of the handguards. Once appropriately smacked into place the gap disappears and the fit is VERY tight. Squeezing them together with your bare hands won't do it (I guess unless you're one baddass mofo), so a smack or two with a rubber mallet seats them in nicely. Once done it won't have to be done again after subsequent removal and re-installations.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top