Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/10/2003 5:06:48 PM EDT
guys i need to know what light to put on my ar15 RRA 16 inch rifle for coyote hunting. want to spend less than 150.00 if possible. i have a big lightforce spotlight on my bolt gun, works great. i want a light for the ar15 that is made for this type of gun that will shine out to 200 yards if there is one. can u give me a ruff idea on the cost of each brand. i heard a surefire G2 ? IF SO HOW FAR OUT CAN U SEE WITH THIS ONE ?  thanks. marty [email protected]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
guys i need to know what light to put on my ar15 RRA 16 inch rifle for coyote hunting. want to spend less than 150.00 if possible. i have a big lightforce spotlight on my bolt gun, works great. i want a light for the ar15 that is made for this type of gun that will shine out to 200 yards if there is one. can u give me a ruff idea on the cost of each brand. i heard a surefire G2 ? IF SO HOW FAR OUT CAN U SEE WITH THIS ONE ?  thanks. marty [email protected]
View Quote

Marty-
Please PM me if you get any good feedback on this thread.  I will do the same.  I have a RRA Varmint 16 myself that I want to use for some night coyote hunting.  I am looking at night vision but that is big $$$$, as you know.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
dawgikiller.... right now i have a light called a lightforce 170. it is a 700,000 candel light that mounts to the top of your scope. it is the best predator light on the market. 235.00 with battery and charger etc. they are made in australlia for kangaroo hunting. i can see a coyote up to 250 yards. has a 12 v battery u put on your belt. i was thinking about getting a tatical light to fit on the ar15 just to get away from battery pack on hip. this works great but was wondering if something would be better. marty
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 2:57:11 AM EDT
[#3]
If it were me, I'd try to find a used M500B. You'll be able to see them just fine at 200 yards! I've seen M500B's on eBay for around $200.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=396[/img]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top