Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 11:19:54 PM EDT
I want to get a M6 light/laser for my 16 inch colt. I want to install it at the end of the handgaurd but i dont want to have to buy one of those "fancy" handgaurds i see. I just want to get a nice rail that installs to my current handgaurds that will work with the mount on a M6. Can anyone make any recommendations? Will the polymer scout rail thats sold at cavalry arms work for this setup? Any info will be welcomed. Thx.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure if the mount you mentioned will work.  I have no experience with them but you might look at GG&G in Arizona.  They have rails mountable on standard M4 forends, etc. and are a good company!  I know they make a rail for foregrips, etc.

Good luck
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the GG&G mount for my M-6, fit was a little tight at first but after a few times on and off it works fine, price was about $48

The other way is the Streamlight mount itself, should be about $16 and screws into the vent holes of the handguards, fits well but it will only mount the M6, no pistol grips or anything.

Holsters plus makes like a cuff that snaps into the vent holes of the forend, and will mount the M6

Denny's GTS makes a rail and they sell the rail/grip as a combo, I have heard that these will mount the M6 and once i get one I will let you know. =)

edited to add : here is a pic
http://www.gunsnet.net/album/showphoto.php?photo=10930&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
FYI...

Handguards move.  Mounting a laser on the handguard will provide you with a functional light, but a laser that will shift all the time.

M3 will work fine, M6 will not.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top