Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2003 9:14:10 PM EDT
I got one with adapter rails (GGG) for my HK USP 45. AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me ask you something..  does the light wash out the laser, making it hard (or harder) to see when you use both together?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#2]
no I have no problem with wash out.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have any pics of the M6 mounted to your HK. I have a .40 USP and am looking at getting the M6 too.  Did you look at the Sidearmor rail for HK at all?  If so, why did you choose the GG&G.  does the m6 fit flush with the end of the gun?  Thanks in advance for any advice...
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't any pics cause They are to big. The M6 needs the rail adapter , The factory 1 is different.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Sobekra70, thanks for the pics of the M-6 mounted to your HK.

I went with the rail adapter made by SideArmor and just got everything in today.  Very impressed with the fit and finish.  Can't wait to go to the range.

To address everyones concerns regarding the light washing out the laser, it is not a problem!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad you're happy with it.  It is a well made unit.  I just had one problem that I thought was worth sticking in this thread if someone was considering one.  The distance of the laser from the bore axis was a few inches so vertical POI was never precise enough for me.  You could either set it dead on at the yardage of your choice or have it a tad low throughout the first 25 yards.  The shift from 5 yards to 15 just drove me nuts.

For defensive shooting it was less than negligible, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but for some reason it bugged the crap out of me.  Keep in mind anything mounted away from the bore will never be sighted in perfectly for more than one specific range.  Once you understand its limitations, its fantastic.  The light is proven and the laser is plenty bright together or alone.  I think lasers are great dry firing training tools.  As far as stability and accuracy they don't lie...and cats dig em!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Something to consider too is the Lasermax...more a Glock-thang I guess, but it keeps the laser POI closer to the barrel.  One could mount an M3 under that I suppose.

2 cents
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Something to consider too is the Lasermax...more a Glock-thang I guess, but it keeps the laser POI closer to the barrel.  One could mount an M3 under that I suppose.

2 cents
View Quote

Yes, I've considered that.  I don't like the lasermax for these reasons:

1.  Pulsating laser.. I want constant on.
2.  There is no guarantee of any kind of return to zero (between shots) with its design and there can be as much as 4 inches of variation between shots at rather short distances.  I don't know if I'd trust it out at 50 yards.
3.  Have to replace a rather simple INTERNAL component (plastic with a spring wound around it) with a complicated peice of electronic machinery thus complicating reliability and subjecting a rather expensive laser to harsh conditions (for a laser) right below the barrel.

I'm going with a light/laser combo.  I appreciate everyones input.  The only two options I can find are the LDI BLAST and Streamlight M6.  I'm thinking of trying the BLAST.

I did this awhile ago.. To be sure that I even wanted a laser, I threw my laser bore sighter in my glock and pretended it was a laser sight and subjectively timed my ability to get a solid bead on various objects vs. iron sights.  The laser wasn't really all that much faster for me, I'm pretty quick and accurate with the "irons" - but it was a tiny bit.

Probably something like having a red dot sight compared to irons.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree with FlyNavy's post regarding the distance between the laser and the bore axis.  However, I have an HK that I was wanting one on and my options were fairly limited.  Choose a distance you most often shoot and zero the laser at that distance, any further it'll aim high and closer distances it'll be low.  Annoying somewhat, yes...  but not enough to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]www.corral.net/photopost/data/500/24251Guns_042.jpg[/img]

Here is my M6 :) I love it the light is bright and the lazer is too. It dosn't get washed out, I just wish it was waterproof:(

Enjoy
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree wholeheartedly, the Lasermax is also rather expensive when considering you only get the laser and not a light. I also like the fact that Streamlight is up the street from me! They also have a lifetime guarantee .
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#12]
You shouldn't be using any pistol mounted laser at 50 yards.  But it's a great tool for those 5 yard "HEY GET THE F*CK OUTTA MY HOUSE BEFORE I ... " situations.

Having a tact light is pretty useful though.  But I wouldn't trust ANY precarious shot on where I see a laser dot.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I think a good laser can be plenty accurate for 50 yard work.  Also, I don't see what the big problem is with zeroing it.  Zero @ 50 yards and you'll be around 1-2" low at the muzzle and between those ranges at any intermediate distance.

Is there a problem with my logic?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top