Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2003 8:19:14 PM EDT
I want a light that will be mounted mostly on a Glock 22 (and not cause the gun to jam). I also want the ability to mount it to an AR. The light will be used for HD situations (God forbid).  I like the idea of the rocker switch, but constant ON would work. I don't want pressure switches on the grip. Money really isn't an issue, but I don't want people to suggest the most expensive one because it's the most expensive one. Any experience based suggestions would be appreciated. You can also suggest a light that I haven't mentioned.
Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If money werent an issue, I would suggest getting two different lights. One for the Glock and a different one for the AR. The M3 series seems like a good choice for the Glock, but no one makes a light better for long guns than Surefire. No one.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info., but I'm really looking to purchase just ONE light, even though I said money wasn't an issue, I just WANT one.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:36:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I go along with newarguy on this.  I have an M3 light on my G35 and like it alot.  I also have an M3 mount for the handguards of my secondary AR.  But for my primary AR its hands down a SF.

Also i haven't come up with a scenario where i'd need to switch off lights between my glock and my AR.  If my AR light goes out then i go to my backup handheld light, currently a SL Scorpian.

I totally concur with your decision about the on/off switching arrangement BTW.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 12:08:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies so far, but when you list manufacturer could you also list model number and the reason you chose that model over another.
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
By the time the M3X is out Surefire will be releasing their new 5W LED based handgun light and replacing bulbs will be a thing of the past.  I would definantly wait for that unit to arrive if you can possibly wait.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info
Do you know any specs or features of the 5W LED besides the fact that it uses LED. I mean, is it water-proof or water-resistant? How big will it be? What lumen output will it be? Anything....
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#7]
9 Volt 80-100 Lumen.  Thats all the info they will give.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
9 Volt 80-100 Lumen.  Thats all the info they will give.
View Quote

That's all the info they're giving because they want to save the sticker-shock for later.

(What the hell, I might as well try to kill this thread too...)
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top