Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2003 10:48:56 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking

I have a Millennium M511A Forend on one of my Colt 6601 HBARs. I bought it in 1999 and it doesn't have LEDs.

I'm about to buy an M500AB turbohead forend for my incoming Colt 6400C M4 carbine.

My question is, can I swap lamp assemblies from one forend to the other even though they are of a different vintage? I'd like to have the turbohead lamp assembly on the HBAR and the smaller one on the M4. Rather than spend the money on a turbohead upgrade kit for the HBAR it would be great if I could simply swap assemblies.

I'm concerned because I don't know where the LEDs are mounted on the new forends. If they are mounted in the lamp bezel I'm toast, because the old forend isn't equipped for LEDs. However, if they are mounted somehow on the forends plastic housing I might be okay.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Not sure if this helps, but the Nav leds are on the opposite side of the unit from the big lamp housing.
View Quote

Actually that helps a lot [:D]

I was worried that the LEDs were in the bezel of the larger lamp. If they were then my old forend probably wouldn't have been compatible.

Thanks for your help!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
The Lamp Modules (the Housing/Bezel & Lamp Assemlies) are interchangeable.

The KT4 is the Millennium TurboHead with MN15 and MN16 Lamp Assemblies. It is used to convert the "A" option to the "AB" option.

Al
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Lamp Modules (the Housing/Bezel & Lamp Assemlies) are interchangeable.

The KT4 is the Millennium TurboHead with MN15 and MN16 Lamp Assemblies. It is used to convert the "A" option to the "AB" option.

Al
View Quote

Excellent. Thank you for the clarification [:)]

Now I can order without worry.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top