Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2003 10:48:59 PM EDT
I picked up a lasermax for my 1911. Overall, a pretty slick toy.

I took it out shooting, and had a problem.

the 1911 model is user adjustable. It replaces the factory guide rod, and has 4 set screws to zero. well, either i unscrewed one too far, or it came loose. BANG...BANG....BANG....jam.

One fo the screws was stickign out jsut a bit too far. Snagged the recoil plug and smashed the hex head.

Now i've got a hex type screw that's rounded so i cna't get the hex wrench in there.

Ideas?

I attempted to contact LAsermax 4 different times. Every time i get an answering machine. I've left contact info all times, and brief description. asked if it's covered under warranty, and if not, how much to repair.

a week later, still no response.

This is rediculous. A $300 some dollar laser, that broke on the first outing. Then they refuse to even contact me.

anyone else dealt with Lasermax before? Is shitty customer service standard?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 3:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I've dealt with them before on Glock and Sig lasers that had no adjustments and came "zeroed" from the factory-yeah sure! None were zeroed and all were off both height and windage wise by several inches at 7 yards. I went through 3 different lasers for one Glock. I no longer own any,nor will I ever buy anything from them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one for my Sig 226.  It was before they offered user adjustments.  Mine was quite off.  I wrote them a letter, and they responded back that they would be happy to custom zero it to my Sig.  I shipped the gun to them and had it back two weeks later.  Spot on at 50 feet, per my request.

Sorry you had trouble with yours.  I suspect the screw backed out on you.  Dang!
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#3]
im amazed.

I sent in the laser a week or two ago.

Sitting on my doorstep is my laser. Fixed.

No charge.

Im glad everything went well. i mean, they could have done better, but they also could have done a heck of a lot worse.

Now i jsut need to find batteries for it. [:P]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top