Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 3:55:00 PM EDT
Can anyone post pics of their Corsak from a side view while mounted to a rail?  I am trying to get an idea of how far the unit sits off the rail.  If you have any info or anecdotal things to add about the mounts for the Corsak please feel free to chime in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#1]
So nooone has any pics of their Corsak laser?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a guy selling them on the Equipment exchange and he has a link to a photo album.  However, I think the mount pictured is a double mount that holds both the IR laser and a companion IR illuminator.  It looks like a real nice set up.  Are you trying to see if it will clear your PRI Front sight when it is down, cause thats exactly what I want to try?   Let me Know what you find out.

Kris
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes thats exactly what I am trying to figure out.  I figure the sight would fold down and get the blooming tritium front sight out of your face and allow the laser to be mounted on the top rail of my FF RAS.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered one, so when I get it I'll let you know if it clears the PRI.

Kris
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't post a pic right now - new computer and things are not compatible yet! - but I have a Corsak that I just got mounted up.  I monkeyed about with that #&$^*$&)# piece of crap that comes with it and then figured out a better way of mounting it.

Not being sure of what you're trying to do, I'll offer this up......if you want the laser high, that will cause you to develop a parallax issue, i.e. the unit will be sighted in for a particular range, but the poi will vary widely if you are nearer or farther.  The closer it is to the bore line the better off you are.

If you want to send me an email I'll send you a pic and explanation of my mount as soon as I have the ability to download from my camera.  It's quick, easy, cheap and most importantly it's light years better than the original mounts!

Hope this helps,

Craig.

Craig.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got the pics on my computer now, but can't figure out how to upload them....can anybody help me out?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#7]
First you must host them on a pic hosting site.  Then you link to the url where they are located by posting a reply here with  [ i m g ] at the beginging of the url with all the spaces removed and at the end of the url type [ / i m g ]

Then magically the pic will appear unless you have exceeded your bandwidth for the day in which case we will all see a red x.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:45:54 AM EDT
[#8]
DevL, did you get the pics I emailed you last week?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top